jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What are the correlations between education, intelligence, looks, socioeconomic

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

What are the correlations between education, intelligence, looks, socioeconomic class, status, & the

perks, respect, & most of all, treatment h/she is accorded in American culture & society?  The pecking order DOESN'T end in high school.  Adult societies are an extension of the high school pecking order, believe it or not. People are oftentimes treated according to their relative pecking order status. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7997661_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 22 months ago

Money is the common element. If you or your family have money, you're going to most likely get a better education.  A better education makes people think you have intelligence and come from a "better" class.  That gives you status. And $$$ very often makes people seem more attractive then they really are. 
    In the old days, weren't the wealthier people taller?  I think that's what the study said. It does also lead to real physical advantages as well because you have access to better nutrition. Think Whole Foods today.  No poor people in there.  smile

1. Tusitala Tom profile image62
      Tusitala Tomposted 22 months agoin reply to this

C J Kelly's answer is an accurate one, I'd say.  There are exceptions,such as the Maths Professor, Hawkins being the proclaimed theworld most intelligent human being, but overall it is money which provides the biggest advantage right across the world

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 22 months ago

Unfortunately, Looks can beat the other three, especially for females. For those without Looks, money and power can make it equal to looks. How you look or how your looks are perceived by people is crucial. I know many people that were not intelligent, or experienced for a management job, yet they got it on their looks and the perceived confidence they were right for the job.

Celebrities, rich, powerful, and well known people are at the top of the order, my point was directed to those people not in that category.

working