"Why Do I Talk About the Benefits of Failure? Simply because failure meant strip

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. profile image0
    threekeysposted 7 years ago

"Why Do I Talk About the Benefits of Failure? Simply because failure meant stripping away of the

inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything than what I was. And I began to direct all  my energy into finishing the work that only mattered to me."
    -J.K.Rowling

Is failure about being shamed by others or shaming ourselves. Can failure lead to efficiency via streamlining? What are your thoughts about the pros and cons of failure?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13125884_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image70
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

Failure is really when we seem to give up in life...when either we cannot stand anymore, or refuse to stand. Who does not fail? Did we come here perfect?

We fail or stumble every day. America is full of motivational speakers, and the truly great ones, indeed even our loving Bill Holland here on Hub Pages, can tell us a thing or two about failure.

Somehow these people have learnt to find the Light and shine it into the darkness, to come out WHOLE. Failure is when we either can't or cease to do what they have done.

Yes...yes, failure helps us, and like the Divine Potter, it is continually molding and shaping us into better today's and more promising tomorrows.

We are a family of Lovers and what matters to us should be a positive approach to Self, empathy and the service of God and man. Without this selflessness, the spiritual Heart will find it difficult to expand. No self-expansion equates to no happiness; no Peace.

So I assume JK has her ow version. Mine is only one view point. Much Love, my Sweet.

3. word55 profile image70
    word55posted 7 years ago

Failure is not to be dwelled upon but something to improve from if one is determined to succeed.

4. Besarien profile image73
    Besarienposted 7 years ago

Many people get disillusioned and depressed when they put a little effort into something and don't see immediate gratification. What they don't realize is, that the things that are worth doing in life are all hard to do, requiring great effort and sacrifice, usually involving a learning curve and some degree of trial and error AKA failure. Failure is just a teaching tool so long as you enjoy the journey, try and try again, and learn from each error that you make to adjust your course accordingly.

Edison's inventions and discoveries were the result of countless rounds of trial and error. Edison succeeded, not because he didn't fail, but because he failed thousands of times on a regular basis but didn't give up. He tested over ten thousand substances while making a battery. Who knows how many things he tried in order to find a working filament for a light bulb?

5. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Failure is you didn't meet the objectives or goal.
    The best learn from those failures without rationalizing and excuses, forgive themselves and move on to utilize the lessons learned to improve their odds of succeeding.

6. profile image57
    ezba29posted 7 years ago

Hard effort will reach success it doesn't mean that we don't fall. While put effort we ll face obstacles that is called failure its just a pit in our way not destination.

Its all about our way of thinking so think as obstacles you can easily move on next.
    Few people say that they tried but never work out. I have questions for them how many times you tried or do you tried till your last breath?  So trying something is not easy task but everything deponds on our thoughts we should fix it and believe it surely you can win.

Don't call it failure as end to everything just take it as beginning. Life is full of surprise nobody knows what is going to happen next second so don't lose hope . I came to remember one saying " we can try until we have last drop of blood in our body"

7. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
    bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years ago

If you apply "can failure lead to efficiency via streamlining", to the US government then that proposition FAILS. For one thing, the US government doesn't know the word streamline. They know the word failure as in the flat lining of the American Economy, or the failure of adding more restrictions, rules, regulations, and useless subjects to the common core that brings down public education.
    The Streamlining of the US military has also Failed in our war against Terrorism, the Drug Cartel, and gangs in the US>
    Basically, instead of streamlining the federal government Fattens up to try and solve a problem. But that has never helped. Currently for example, the TSA is failing as the lines grow and the people collect in a huge mass, just fattening up the targets for terrorists. So their solution is to increase the size of the TSA.

So, in my opinion, the premise offered in the question is not a solution against Failures.

8. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12040882_f260.jpg

There AREN'T any benefits of failure.  Failure means that you simply didn't make the grade.  It is a very negative thing.  It means a detour, even foregoing a goal because you didn't make the cut.  It can also means a less than a life that one really wanted.  It means settling for less than what one can be.

Failure is retrogression.  It is two, three, or perhaps four steps backward instead of progression.  It is starting at ground zero again & again.  For example, children who fail are left back.  This means that they are behind their peers & they are viewed as inept, even stupid.   For a person who is fired from his/her job, it means that h/she failed somehow in the job.  H/she isn't viewed as success material. 

Failure is the diametric opposite of success.  Everyone loves a success but derides a failure.  Failure negatively impacts upon one's self-esteem.  People who fail aren't as confident as those who succeed.  They feel inferior & are seen as such by their parents, peers, associates, & others.  People want to avoid them like the plague-no one wants to associate w/a failure.

Failure causes people to give up & want to disassociate themselves from society.  They don't feel that if their lives are worth it.  Many people become self-destructive because of failure.  To reiterate, failure is never a good thing.  It is best that when one does something, h/she ought to succeed in it.  Remember, there are two types of people-SUCCESSES & FAILURES.  No one wants to be a .....FAILURE!  Failure is to be AVOIDED at ......ALL COSTS!

9. dashingscorpio profile image82
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13127565_f260.jpg

One old adage is: "Failure is a (result) not a person."
    Sometimes you win and sometimes you learn.
    We learn from our mistakes and hopefully that gives us the wisdom to succeed if we ever find ourselves in a similar situation.
    "A bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn." Persistence is often the key to success!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)