jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What MAKES people hate money? What makes money the source of contention w/peopl

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 20 months ago

What MAKES people hate money?  What makes money the source of contention w/people?

When will people know the beauty & benefits of money?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8300765_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 20 months ago

I don't think there's anyone alive who hates money and would turn down more of it.

I think what people hate are greed, corruption, and other things that happen around money.  Take for example buying political favors as a giant corporation when Joe Citizen can't do that. Also, rich people often dodge taxes and things of this nature, things the common people can't do and it builds resentment towards the greed and unfair advantages etc.

Most people don't hate money, they don't like what money has a tendency to do to some people.  It's greed, corruption and entitlement people dislike, and money is a tool that fuels that, but not the target of the hate itself. 

I believe there are people who are both good and bad from all socioeconomic backgrounds. It's not the money, it's the character of the person we should judge individually, but most people tend to judge using groupthink.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 20 months ago

I have to say, I didn't know hating money was so popular to become an issue.  ATTN: To anyone who hates $$~~I'll take it off your hands for you.

Kidding aside, I believe I understand where you are coming from, Grace.  There surely IS much associated with money~~BOATLOADS of money, that is.  Our observations and experiences may make it obvious to us that wealth to any degree is continually associated with greed, unearned power, envy and not just a little presentation of superiority.

In and of itself, for the significant majority of the world's population, money is necessary to live. Oversimplified but true, nonetheless.  It seems to follow then that the larger the amount & accumulation of money, from comfortable to well-off to wealthy, increases/broadens our access to greater lifestyles.  What's to hate?
    I can answer that.  The people who possess massive amounts of it and use it for wholly selfish, self-indulgent, greedy & possible harm and/or control of others.

The results of countless studies and forensic analyses of this very topic have proven beyond doubt or argument that this opinion/attitude in general, is an overall fact. 

Any human being who has experienced a number of varying levels & degrees of financial status can arrive at this conclusion with ease.  In these cases, all we need do is equate our lives/lifestyle, health, position & control in relationship to possession of or lack thereof and every level in between to m-o-n-e-y.   Human nature, fact of life and for as long as we can recall of the history of mankind, an unavoidable reality.

The erroneous "myth" claimed forever that money can't buy happiness is precisely that~a myth. Should you require "proof" for this. please simply ask yourself one of 2 questions only:  Would you prefer to be happy and penniless or happy and wealthy?  Both are feasible scenarios since happiness emanates from within, thus which would you choose?
    Naturally, in judging the character and virtues of a man?....in terms of financial status?  Please DO "Leave home without it!"

Grace....I'm convinced you stay up very late, coming up with fascinating questions!   Paula

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

Too many people are taught incorrectly that money is evil, when it is the love of money that is the root of much evil.

working