jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why has modern Black American culture become so negative & degrading? Why has

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 19 months ago

Why has modern Black American culture become so negative & degrading?   Why has the prototypical

Black American culture is lower income, ghetto, & anti-achievement?  What it is about modern Black American culture that glorifies anti-achievement, ignorance, & pathological behaviors?  Why do so many Black American parents, even though middle class & educated, stress  being social  over education & intellectualism?

2. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 19 months ago

I have another question that is associated with this. Why is everyone always asking or complaining about the poor black neighborhoods and schools? There are just as many white, Asian and Mexican poor neighborhoods and schools, but no one ever talks about them. Why is that? To me that is just as important. Greg.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Yes, but Caucasians & Asians aren't associated with negative prototypes.  They are associated w/very, even extremely positive prototypes, particularly the Asian-American community which is one of the most educated & highest earning communitie

3. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 19 months ago

Wow, that Q is so [bad word here]. The white corporations are putting this up for upscale white kids.  Used to be Cowboy & Indians, Now it's Gangsta style.  Who dresses up to emulate? Young White Boys.

It's a standard joke reference in many venues, I'm surprised you missed all of them.

4. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 18 months ago

This is an excellent question.  I would like to add this to it:  who is producing and promoting all this negativity?  Why has gangster rap, cynicism, and extreme disrespect towards women replaced soul music and the romantic musings of Smokey Robinson and Stevie Wonder?  Is there an anti-African American force behind all this - or are they doing it to themselves???
    Either way, the solution is obvious.  Boycott the $hit!!!