Is Candace Owens Right About Black America and George Floyd?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 4 years ago

I challenge ALL liberals to click on the link below and listen to what Candace Owens has to say about George Floyd.  I think she is spot on.

“In a controversial 17-minute long video shared on Twitter on June 3, Owens said that she does not "support George Floyd and the media's depiction of him as a martyr for black America."

"Our culture is unique from other communities because we are the only community that caters to the bottom denominator of our society. Not every black American is a criminal. Not every black American is committing crimes. But we are unique in that we are the only people that fight and scream and demand support for the people in our community that are up to no good."

"For whatever reason it has become fashionable over the last five or six years for us to turn criminals into heroes overnight. It is something I find despicable. George Floyd was not an amazing person. George Floyd is being upheld as an amazing human being." Owens alleged that Floyd was high at the time of his death, and pointed to his criminal history. Floyd's criminal past included spent five years behind bars for robbery and assault.
    "We shouldn't be buying T-shirts with his name on it," she said. "He was a violent criminal," she said of Floyd.”

https://www.newsweek.com/everything-can … ar-1508959

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've previously seen the video.

Whatever kind of person George Floyd was, are you in favor of execution by police without a trial?

1. hard sun profile image78
        hard sunposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think this attitude is a big reason why we don't see the outrage when a white is killed in America. In general, whites reaction is "What did they do" when there is really no excuse for a cop playing judge and jury.

1. Ewent profile image58
          Ewentposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well the poor white boys in America are the ones doing ALL of the killing. Only these poor Proud Boys run an innocent protester down and kill her in Charlottesville. That okay too?

Or the moron from Boogaloo Bois who used a huge truck to plow through protesters. That okay too?

Can you tell us WHY we should feel outrage when little Timmy McVeigh  took down the building in Oklahoma killing innocent kids and dozens of others?

Or little White Adam Lanza who walked into a first grade and used  semi automatic on 6 year old kids? Mommy sent him to a rifle range to practice and bought him his very own kid killing machine.

Or even worse, how about little Stevie Paddock who picked off 500 innocent people in Las Vegas?

Have you forgotten that an all white jury acquitted Byron de la Beckwith of the murder of Medgar Evers? Until at age 79, DNA proved he was a murderer?

Right wingers are the ones out there with cammos, the Stars and Bars rag flag and armed with WMDS and all to show how powerful they are. These power freaks need to stop watching so much blood, guts and gore video games.

They can't tell the difference between a violent game that teaches them how to be powerful enough for murder and reality. 

Poor white males. 90% of them are billionaire CEOs who have kinky sex booze, pedophilia, incest and drug problems.

900,000 poor white farm boys ended up dead so rich plantation owners could have FREE slave labor to grow wealthier..

It is time you white boys stop living as if this is post  Civil War and you have to take revenge for losing.

And check the facts, that Stars and Bars rag the Neo Nazis used is a joke. Both Jefferson Davis and General Robert E. Lee stated they wanted the flag furled and put in a museum. As Jefferson Davis wrote in his diary, "No uniform should ever divide a country."

Enough with the white boy pity pot. Just be warned that older adults are not TOO old to fight back.

2. Readmikenow profile image95
        Readmikenowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

PP, you missed the point.  Is this the type of person you want to make a martyr?  Is his life an example you want to hold up to others?  I wonder how the pregnant woman he held at gunpoint feels about all of this.

1. profile image0

I don't see it like that. Even Ted Bundy got a trial before he was executed.

Mr. Floyd is not a martyr; hes a man who was murdered by a police officer.

No, he's more than that...let us be honest...him and his death have been a rallying cry to loot, burn and defund the police.  He is not simply someone who was killed by the police.  He has been used as justification for rioting.

1. Ewent profile image58

Yes and we saw WHO was doing the looting, burning and why should we pay police to protect us if all they want to do is walk around like Rambo?

It has already gone viral but you missed the video of 2 cops slashing protesters tires. Or the video showing the Proud Boys bashing windows and tossing gasoline filled bottles into stores?

When white men act like they are demi gods who demand obedience on our tax dollars, they get riots. It's done all over the world.

And if protesting such a blatant white male freak act Derek Chauvin is so wrong, why are there also solidarity riots in Italy? Germany? France? Canada? the UK?

White men in the US need to get their act together. If you have to bully, lie, cheat, grift, steal and live in the hope of a dictatorship, you bet we will riot.

3. jackclee lm profile image78
        jackclee lmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

of course not. If you saw the video, you would hear Candace Owen say that repeatedly in her presentation.
        Her point was why Blacks are the only community that seem to do this...after each incident justified or not...prop up the victim as saints.
        This takes away the real issue of dealing with police brutality and abuse of power which no doubts happen as with other professions even priests, sadly to say.
        Candace Owen is black and the only person who can point this out. If a white person or Asian person said it, they would be accused of being insensitive and not knowing what is like to be black...
        I heard she was banned by Gofundme for speaking out.

1. profile image0

She's entitled to her opinion like everyone else. It's not what I would be focusing on at this time.

2. Credence2 profile image80
          Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

George Floyd is just the last straw of a attitude that finally is reacted to through a rush of protests.

As for your comment about BLM ignoring black crime in Black communities, who said that the black community is indifferent to criminal behavior?

but, I expect more from duly sworn law enforcement officers to enforce the law equally and without sadism. That is what BLM is all about.

1. jackclee lm profile image78

Answer my question, who gets hurt more if police are defunded...?
            This is not a trick question. If we accept the charges of the left, and systematically defund police across our large cities, what will happen when a crime is committed? Not even a crime but all sorts of emergencies...what do you think will happen to our civilized society?

1. Credence2 profile image80

I do not say that police should be defunded , but the way they have been operating needs to change in many municipalities and that has nothing to do with just cutting the police budget just for its own sake.

So, of course, we need police.

2. Sychophantastic profile image69
              Sychophantasticposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Exactly right! The people who support these protests just want to defund the police so there's lawlessness and they can go on stealing whatever they want. Hey, if there's no police, maybe everything can be free because nobody will stop us from taking whatever we want for free.

I support President Trump's call to mobilize the military to stop these protestors NOW!

2. Ewent profile image58

I find it so strange that a cop like Chauvin had such a bad reputation for violence and he was still hired.

It speaks volumes of how the lack of education in these red states causes these problems in the first place.

Here in NJ, a cop has to have a college degree, passing grades at the Police Training academy and know the NJ laws on profiling and stop and frisk.

So how it is that ONLY in southern and Midwestern states predominantly black communities have more white cops than minorities?

it is becoming more and more obvious that in the US white males have this peculiar kinky tendency to believe white skin is a sign of superiority.

4. Ken Burgess profile image71
        Ken Burgessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Nope.

They need to be held accountable for murder. 

That instance, those 9 minutes, showed a man subdued and incapable of doing serious harm to anyone.

If you need to label it, it should be police brutality, abuse of power, murder.

Hold the individuals accountable for their crime, make an example out of them for others to learn from... this is all that needs to be done.

If they are going to abolish the MN police, I hope they do it asap.

Better yet I hope the police go on strike and tell the council they won't be coming back until their wages are doubled. Whether they are "defunded" or not.

Lets see the council, and all those who think we need to abolish the police, handle things.

I think its time for the police to start protesting, going on strike.  They should refuse to do their jobs until they get justice... and a big fat raise for dealing with all this wonderful support from the community.

1. profile image0

I don't see what any of that has to do with my comment.

If we don't want crappy police, we should try paying them more. It's a hard job.

2. Credence2 profile image80

You're missing the point, Mike.

No man should be subject to the brutal restraint that Mr. Floyd was whether he was a good guy or not. He was unarmed, easily restrained by 4 men, so the sadist action the world saw on You tube was completely unwarranted. The protests are more than just a message regarding race, as the global protests allude to.

Candice is just Vichy-African American, the voice of accommodation and surrender to the desires of the Right.

How many people of all races are killed in a sadistic action by police...but not caught on video?

Things I've noticed about liberals.  They can't tell the difference between a legal and illegal immigrant.  Liberals don't even know there is a difference between protesting and looting and rioting. 

Candice Owens is an extremely intelligent and successful African American.  She is something that scares liberals more than words.  A strong African-American woman who is an independent thinker.  She is not afraid to speak her truth without regard to who doesn't like it.  I think you should learn more about her.  I think she is someone to be admired.

1. profile image0

Okay, I've had my chuckle for the day.  Candace Owens is scary! lol

She's the new Ben Carson for certain right-wingers.

Do you agree with her premise that the black culture in the United States holds up it criminals unlike any other culture?  I do believe white liberals do more harm to black America than I can describe.  I have a black friend who came from nothing and is now quite successful.  You should hear what has been said to him by his family members because of his success.

1. gmwilliams profile image82
              gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Mike, solidly middle, upper middle, & upper class Black culture have a low tolerance for those who are outside the law.   It is lower class & underclass Black culture who applaud criminals.   Solidly middle class Black culture despises criminals & those outside the cultural perimeters so to speak.   Lower class & underclass Black culture applauds criminals, thugs, outside of wedlock pregnancies, & other negativities.  Lower class & underclass Black culture applaud street smarts over academic smarts.  It isn't Black culture but lower class & underclass Black culture.

2. gmwilliams profile image82

Of course, Ms. Owens is highly intelligent & successful.   She refuses to adhere to the mindset of Black Victimology & Black Negativity.   I, as an educated Black woman who is Liberal, am getting extremely weary of the Black negativity.    There are Blacks who refuse to use racial excuses to deter them from educational & socioeconomic success.   Many Blacks aren't educationally &/or socioeconomically successful because they adopt negative behavioral & thought patterns.   They refuse to take responsibility for themselves & their children.   YES, I SAID IT!

"Black woman who is Liberal"

I think this is interesting as you hold many conservative views.

When I went with a friend of mine to a black conservative movement meeting...there were mostly lawyers, accountants, CPAs, successful business people and more.  All of them were pretty impressive.  So, I have to agree with you on the "Lower class & underclass Black culture applaud street smarts over academic smarts." statement.

2. gmwilliams profile image82

Candace is not a so-called Vichy Black, Credence2.   Black people aren't a monolith.  Black people have differences- socioeconomic, educational, & political.   Not all Black people are on the Liberal Train.  Candace isn't pandering to anyone.  She refuses to adhere to the Black Victimology mindset.   She isn't a sheeple, thank God.

there are conservative blacks out there but unfortunately, they are not welcomed or thought of as leaders...
          They are demonized as uncle Toms...
          These blacks have succeeded in their own lives but are not embraced by their peers.
          Meanwhile, the black leaders, promoted by our corrupt media such as the Rev. Al Sharpton have not been a success at anything. Yet, they are put on the air every time an incident like George Floyd happens. Why? what have they done to help the black community to warrant this favor?

1. abwilliams profile image66
            abwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So true Jack. I wasn't surprised when Al Sharpton, like Joe Biden, decided it was time to come on up from out of the basement, in order to participate in destructive, divisive, pandering. It's what he (they) do!

3. Sharlee01 profile image85
        Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

No human being should be treated like Floyde that is a given  I have been under the impression the protest was to bring attention to the plight, the systemic problems blacks feel they have been made to live under. Something happened along the way. Much of the media have done all they could to make a martyr out of Mr. Floyd.

The protesters have the right to protest his death. His death, the cruel horrific way his life was taken. But not glorify his life. In no sense is George Floyd a martyr. He was a man murdered by a very bad human being, a cop that should have never been given the authority of a police officer. He is no different than the many that were killed over the past weeks due to these riots. They were human beings, and no one has made any one of the martyr's. They were murdered.as was Floyd. Hopefully, their murders will be brought to justice. It seems no one gives a dam about them. They had loved ones, they were caught up in violence, and did not deserve to die. They broke no law, they were not in the process of breaking any law as George was. no Martyr. He was breaking the law, and killed by a bad cop. No more no less.

I have no problem with the protests, hopefully, they bring about good,long-needed change. But, why belittle Candice Owen's for her very progressive views. Her views are uplifting, straight forward, and I might add her truth.

Ms. Owens simply pointed out her opinion. She is a well-educated black woman and certainly has a right to offer her view. It may not be one you ascribe to, but she has the right to give it.  She certainly has a forward view, not one of many black American's that choose the same old same old battle cry. She clearly does not look at herself as being suppressed but as a human being that demands respect and is willing to go against the grain to get it. Sort of like Rosa Parks.

Yesterday on CNN Floyd was compared to Rosa Parks. How sad. Rosa Parks was a proud woman, a woman that fought for her rights. She earned her place in American history. Floyd was a man that had a long rap sheet and was killed while breaking the law. Anyone that has the audacity to compare him to Rosa Parks is an idiot. (my view).

If you follow Owen's you will see she does have a very different view about being black in America today.  She clearly is a proud, successful human being who is unique in her own right. No, she follows no crowd or ascribes to groupthink.   Neither did Rosa...

And yes Candice leans to the right, and I for one am so glad to have her in my corner.

1. profile image0

Rosa Parks was demonized for her actions at the time. It is what oppressors do to those who dare to question the status quo.

The only reason Floyd is now in the limelight is because he was murdered in cold blood by a police officer, in front if a horrified crowd of onlookers and on camera for the whole world to see. I don't see him being martyred. I see him as being remembered. He was flawed. He didn't choose his fate nor did he choose the aftermath.  I have little doubt that even if he had a squeaky clean past, certain elements would find a way to demonize him. It is what they do to distract from the true horror, which is that Mr, Floyd was murdered in full view of the world.

1. profile image0
            Aeonixposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Is there a video that documents that he was indeed murdered?

1. profile image0

Gee, I don't know. Have you looked on the internet?

1. profile image0
                Aeonixposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Googled that. There is no such video.

1. profile image0

Okay, if you say so.

2. Sharlee01 profile image85

Rosa Parks may have demonized by some, but was revered by black American's. She was a peaceful woman that brought about change. She was pursuing her belief when she took a seat in a white section of a bus. Rosa belonged to League of Women Voters of the United States in the 1940s. The group was made up of white and black women. Actually she was a woman that fought for civil rights but was known to be very optimistic in her views. ": “Each person must live their life as a model for others.”

In my home and church, she was never demonized. I don't believe the media should be comparing her to Floyd.  And they have been doing just that over the past days.

In regards to Floyd's murder, that's what it was a brutal murder. Thank God they have the bunch that perpetrated the crime. Justice will be done.for their crime. And no he did not choose his fate, he put himself in a situation that could have been avoided had he not been breaking the law. And no he had nothing to do with the aftermath. His past, no person deserves to be brutalized due to their past insurrection.

I don't think Candice Owens was trying to detract anything in regard to how Floyd was brutally killed.  She was pointing out facts about his past, and how he ended up in a police altercation that lead to his death. And yes, she made the judgment in her opinion that he should not be held up as a martyr. Her thought process to some may be unacceptable due to the way Floyd died. However, to some, her point is well taken. Said a lot to how he ended up in an altercation with the police.

Candice pointed out or I might say added a fuller dimension to the picture of how Floyd chose to live his life before the day that his life ended. She condemned how the police handled the situation and fully admitted the problem of police brutality. She did not deny the problem exists or the need for police reform.

Again, you use a pronoun, the word "they".   Who do you feel they are?  Candice was speaking her own mind. She certainly is brave to do so. She certainly could never be accused of groupthink... So few would have the guts to speak out as she did.  I see her progressively brave. A bit more like Rosa than George.in my opinion. I don't see her as a person you could lump in with "them". However, they are...

"They" might not say what you want to hear, but they seem to certainly point out underlying truth. Ugly as it is in this case it needs to be said and considered.

1. profile image0

My main point is that it doesn't matter whether Mr. Floyd was a saint ir a sinner, and those who make a big deal out of it are attempting to distract from the main issue.  Why? Because they are uncomfortable with the intensity of the disruption of the status quo. In my opinion, of course.

1. Sharlee01 profile image85

I assume when you refer to the problem you are referring to racial inequality and systemic societal problems that black Americans have had to deal with.

To me, it well appeared Candice was not trying to distract from the problem but to point out a black woman's view on how some black people cater to the wrong kinds of people, and glorifying such is defeating solving any problems of the black communities are having.

"Our culture is unique from other communities because we are the only community that caters to the bottom denominator of our society. Not every black American is a criminal. Not every black American is committing crimes. But we are unique in that we are the only people that fight and scream and demand support for the people in our community that are up to no good."

" "Everyone is pretending that this man lived a heroic lifestyle. We are embarrassing in that regard. Nobody wants to tell the truth in black America. Our biggest problem is us."

She was pointing out more than the police brutality problem that is for sure. Dis she distracts from the police brutality problem, perhaps in a way she put her finger right on it. Thug good, cops bad...  Two wrongs don't ever make a right.

1. profile image0

Actually, the problem I was referring to is the more specific one of police unnecessarily killing people and getting away with it, even when it's caught on video. Perhaps this time will be different. In my view, the character of George Floyd is completely irrelevant to what happened to him. It is also completely irrelevant to whether or not Chauvin is held accountable for killing him.

Of course the people who knew Mr. Floyd will remember the good in him, That is what people do when someone dies.

I also hope that these policemen will be brought to justice. They all are clearly guilty as if each one put a knee to Mr. Floyd's neck. I agree with you, Mr.Floyd's criminal record should in no way be relevant. Chauvin took his life whether he planned to or not he killed him. And yes Mr. Floyd's criminal background should not be used against in the trial. However, the defense will bring it up, and use it to vilify his character. Sad as that sounds that's a legal system we are left with.

And it is very apparent, just hearing statements from his family and friends one can tell they loved him and saw much good in him.

4. Ewent profile image58

Too bad most Americans are fed up with the right and their bullying on our tax dollars.

We don't pay taxes to have guns shoved in our faces everywhere we go by a bunch of snot nose vigilante militia twits.

3. abwilliams profile image66

Hi Mike, I follow Candace and shared this message on my FB page. I also shared an opportunity to contribute through Candace Owens (via GoFundMe) on a campaign to support a restaurant in Alabama, which has been targeted and boycotted by the left (for being conservative) In the middle of a record-breaking campaign, GoFundMe shut it down.....called it "intolerance".

Funny they used the word "intolerance", wouldn't you agree?

I'm sure we can agree that the left's logic consists of nothing more than hypocrisy and double standards.  They prove this again and again and again and wonder why they only cause destruction in places where they govern.

We get the government we deserve. People who are progressives have great ideals and vote for candidates that espouses the same ideals. Once in office they are incompetent and find out reality is not wishful thinking. The same people vote again and again for the same party and expect a different result. The very definition of insanity.
          These recent events proof to me that Michael Savage is right. Liberalism is a form of mental illness.

1. gmwilliams profile image82

Not traditional liberalism but this updated form of insane liberalism, Jack.  Liberalism has devolved into pure unthinking radicalism.

Liberalism has been hijacked by the far left. Dems, Nancy Pelosi, for example, will just bend with the wind....(no,no, no, she doesn't do photo-ops, only bad Trump does that) She has no core values or belief system, no firm stance on anything (and yet, she is the most powerful woman in D.C.) If there is any one 'leader', more wishy-washy, inconsistent, all over the place than she, (with her linguine-spined followers) please, someone, any one, point them out....it really is beyond pathetic. She'd be one of the first to go under mob rule, she'd be on her knees, making for an easy target.

Yep! Did George Floyd make the world a better place or a worse place?

4. Miebakagh57 profile image71
      Miebakagh57posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Readmike, what is candac owens? At this century, she's breeding racial hate? Perhaps she must be very happy with georges' brutal assualt, murder, and death. Shame. The black man is a person, a human being with dignity. Would she be happy if a red or blue skin did this to a white? Prejudice is a sign me have not really grown up. Let the law take its course.

You need to click on the link I provided in the beginning and watch the video it provides.  She explains her position in an intelligent and articulate way.  The story is about her views of the black culture in the United States.

5. Sharlee01 profile image85

Mike --- After watching the video I came with the view we should not be holding Floyd up as a martyr in any respect. He was breaking the law and the police were called. What happened was a bad cop killed a black man, he has been charged and will now have a trial. There is no martyr in this incident. What there is a man that took another life we should be condemning that act, while not making a hero out of a man that has a very bad record of crimes against others, and was in the process of committing a crime when the police were called.

This incident tells me we have problems with some of our policemen, it does not tell me they're all bad. The policemen who murdered Floyd is really at the center of this crime. he has been charged with murder.

The cop will be punished for his horrendous crime. George Floyd and his family have a right to justice. But he is no Martyr.he was not killed due to his beliefs or his religion. He was standing up for nothing, he was passing a bad bill...That said NO MAN should have been treated the way Floyd was treated, black or white. No one. Murder is inexcusable.

We need police reform to prevent this form of violence. Seems it's way overdue, does it not?

6. Sychophantastic profile image69

Totally agreed. This guy was a scumbag. Are we really going to get all worked up if a few scumbags get wasted by the police? If you don't want to be killed by the police, don't commit a crime and don't spend your life breaking the law.

Yes, Sych(?), we should get worked up if someone in handcuffs, in Police custody, is killed. His past is irrelevant. He deserved his day in Court. WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO OUR DAY IN COURT! If we can't agree on that, we can't agree on much of anything.

That being said...we shouldn't murder people, invite in terrorists to take over U.S. Cities or burn down America in retaliation, either.

1. Sychophantastic profile image69

Deleted

7. abwilliams profile image66
      abwilliamsposted 4 years ago

P.S. - Apparently, the restaurant will get the money raised, before the campaign was shut down.

8. Marie Flint profile image73
      Marie Flintposted 4 years ago

To shut down our law enforcement officers because of one incident is beyond understanding.

9. emge profile image81
      emgeposted 4 years ago

Floyd was a criminal and certainly cannot be considered a martyr.I wonder how he can be considered a role model.

10. Miebakagh57 profile image71
      Miebakagh57posted 4 years ago

Or has it be deleted?

11. Credence2 profile image80
      Credence2posted 4 years ago

Lets come clean here, folks..

If George Floyd is a martyr, the Minneapolis Police Department made him so, a victim of and a testament against unjustified brutality made as spectacle for entire planet to see.

He, also, just so happened to be Black within a milieu where much of these kinds of things videoed or not are happening too often within Black communities.

Candice's comments are both shallow and clearly partisan.

Who says that we embrace Floyd although he is a criminal? We embrace Floyd because he has become a prominent example of the issue that we have been railing about for many years, only to deaf ears. Now everybody has had their lives touched by it in some way.

I think back to Chicago during the 1920s when Irish and Italian gangs, Bugs Moran and Al Capone unleashed a reign of terror throughout the city. Who would say that all people of Italian or Irish extraction were criminals or worshipped criminals?

So, who is to say that our culture embraces criminals or that Candice could use a broad brush to define our attention and loyalties as a group across all political and social-economic boundaries?

No, I don't live in a ghetto, and do not worship Floyd. But, I ally with him, his family and millions of people all over the world to say that no man should be subjected to the treatment that Mr, Floyd received at the hands of the very people charged with enforcing the law.

But, also, you all know that only good things are spoken about the dead, particularely at a funeral. Are you really surprised, he was not Adolf Hitler, you know?

So, what else do I need to explain?

I look at Mr. Floyd as a victim. I look at the men the killed him as criminals. I expect justice to be done according to our laws. Floyd did bring forward long systemic racial problems, a load of them... I hope his death will serve to promote much-needed change. What those changes will be, I have no idea. I do hope they listen to the black citizens, and not a bunch of white citizens or politicians trying to make it better I think to go the heart of the matter, the people's voices that need to be heard, not told what they need, but heard. Minneapolis is hoping to abolish its police department. In Detroit, we have a well respected Cheif of police Cheif Craig, he is a black man. Black and white respect him alike. We could not have been more blessed to have this man head up the police force. He was on the news last night and asked about the Minneapolis city representative vote passing on abolishing the police department. He simply said --- "wonder if they asked the people they think they are helping their point of view on getting rid of the police in their neighborhoods?"

Owens was speaking her truth... Simple as that. She does not always say what one can be comfortable with or want to hear, but she, as a rule, has her facts in line to support her opinions.

I also ally with those that want to see police brutality stopped, and continue to work toward equality. for black people.

I in no way vilified Floyd or would I. I was defending Owen's right to speak her truth. I agree with some of what she said, but I also agree on it was not the best time to point out Floyd's shortcomings.

Minneapolis City Council Members
        https://hubstatic.com/15056654.jpg

2. GA Anderson profile image82
        GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

'So, what else do I need to explain?'

Why did my belly beat my butt in the battle to define where my waistline is?

GA

12. hard sun profile image78
      hard sunposted 4 years ago

"Well the poor white boys in America are the ones doing ALL of the killing."

Sorry, but we are talking about the USA here on planet Earth right? Seriously. I know you can Google crime statistics in the US.

13. profile image53
      Scottj4287posted 4 years ago

Exactly it’s funny how even after Lincoln freed the slaves a white man of all people hundreds of years later when no one on this earth lived back in that time still pull the race card on the littlest thing and now look what’s going on

14. Sharlee01 profile image85
      Sharlee01posted 4 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15086793.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)