jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

How do you sue someone for harassment?

1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

On one of my hubs, I have been harassed for the last year by a company called PrePaid Legal.  They are trying to force me to take down the hub and they have finally admitted that they will not stop "harassing" me until I take it down and that they are "ganging up" on me.

For whatever reason, they are determined to harass me.  Just me, on one hub, writing about my experience with their company.  The hub only sees about 150-300 views a day so I hardly call myself a threat to their company that they say is ooober successful which seems to indicate that they are "personally attacking" me.

They don't personally like me and they have gotten personal several times over the last year and they say the only way they will stop is if I take down the hub.

Is there something I can do?

1. alternate poet profile image68
      alternate poetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Take it up a notch and get as many of us as possible to make a legal services hub that points up the issues with this company and really spread the word.  big_smile

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I actually like that. smile

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 7 years agoin reply to this

keep all written responses from them and contact a lawyer, if you can, record phone calls also. The first visit is usualy free, if it is worth doing they will tell you, and probly offer to take the case.

I'd get real advise from a pro about it. Protect yourself. Law can be odd sometimes, and not the way a lay person looks at it. So please be carefull.

If you hire a lawyer, hire one that has gone to court and has experience. Some just arbitrate a settelment, and they get all the money in fees. So protect yourself well. Get a mean one!

best wishes, hope you win it.

3. girly_girl09 profile image79
      girly_girl09posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Generally speaking, in order to sue for harassment, the party bringing the action must prove damages.

There are other options for people being harassed (injunction, cease & desist, protection order, etc.), but you will need an attorney to assess your particular situation and decide what, if any, will work for you.

I cannot ethically (or legally) give you legal advice, just legal information. So, apply the above information as you see fit. big_smile

Please contact an attorney if you feel you need to do something about this.

1. profile image0

Thank you.  I think I understand what you are saying.  Do family ties count as damages?

4. pylos26 profile image78
      pylos26posted 7 years agoin reply to this

seems to me the most practical thing to do would be to take the frickin hub down and mail it to the perpetrator.

1. profile image0

Why would I take it down and then mail it to the company whose affiliates are harassing me? 

From what I see, they are coming from one of their offices.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I would consult an attorney just to see what could be done. wink

If it's really bad, as you are saying it is, then I would say you have a case.

Good luck with it though. smile

3. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Hire a professional harasser, so he will harass them back wink

If seriously, just ignore them Your Majesty. Delete their comments on your hubs, and if there is a pattern to IPs they use report it to HP team for blocking. Or just delete the comments capsule. smile

4. Kenny Wordsmith profile image79
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 7 years ago

If they comment regularly, they are doing themselves a disfavour because they are increasing the hub rating! smile)

1. Misha profile image77
      Mishaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow Kenny, when was last time you posted on the forums? Welcome back, brother smile

1. profile image0

I know, it's been at least a year!  Hi Kenny. smile

1. Kenny Wordsmith profile image79
          Kenny Wordsmithposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sandra smile
          and may i add, please don't give in to such hooligans.

2. Kenny Wordsmith profile image79
        Kenny Wordsmithposted 7 years agoin reply to this

thank you, brother:)) i feel so guilty! sad

working