jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

An Old Joke--Still Funny

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

A young fellow fresh out of school landed a job at a local hardware store.
    On his first week, a customer came in looking for an item the store did not carry, Apologetically, the young man said, "I'm very sorry, we don't have those in the store."  The customer left.

The boss overheard this, and came out to tell the youngster that was the wrong thing to do..
    "You never tell a customer we don't have an item.  Always make a sale.  Sell them something else, and tell them it's better."

The following day, another customer came in looking for toilet paper.  The young man said, "I'm sorry, we don't carry toilet paper here."  Then, remembering his bosses admonition, he quickly added, "But we have sandpaper, and that's much better!"

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 3 years agoin reply to this

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image76
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

OUCH!! LOL!

3. BigBlue54 profile image61
      BigBlue54posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Got my eyes watering just reading that one DzyMsLizzy :,,(

How do you stop a herd of elephants charging? Take away their charge cards.

DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hahahahaha....

4. bethperry profile image90
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

LOL! That's a good one!

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image82
    LeslieAdrienneposted 3 years ago

Ok... you are kind'a like me in the joke telling business... what is funny to me just doesn't seem to be funny to anybody else. But, I keep right on trying.... lol

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

I could not find this at first when I came back in this morning.  Apparently, trying to post things past midnight, in the dark with only the light from the laptop screen, results in clicking the wrong category. 
    LOL 
    This should have been under "freeform discussion."  Ooops!

1. BigBlue54 profile image61

Have you thought of having electric lighting fitted to your home, DzyMsLizzy. It is quite a new idea but is catching on. You must have read about it as it was in all the papers. Though there has been no mention of it in the steam powered radio.

And none of those nasty explosions and your house burning down like you do with gas lighting.

So next time you post you will be able to see which keys you are pressing. Take all the guesswork and misspelt words out of your typing.

LOL!  You're funny, BigBlue!

This happens due to trying to work in the dark on purpose, because of insomnia, and not wanting to wake hubby by turning on lights.  He's a light sleeper, and even a light going on in another room will awaken him, and make him worry that something is wrong.  wink

In case you were wondering, yes there really was a steam powered radio. It was for homes that did not have electricity but did have gas. The gas was used to heat up a small water tank as you would a kettle and the steam was used to turn a turbine, which generated enough electricity to power the radio.

Not sure but I think they dated back to the 20's.

Steam water and electricity. Not a health and safety problem in the least. :-O

LOL!  Oh, no, not at all.  Water and electricity are great partners!  Just witness the hydroelectric power plants.....  wink  But then watch everyone evacuate the swimming hole when a lightning storm approaches!  Hahahahaha...

Actually like you I do do a little nocturnal typing myself, but in my case it is because I cannot be bothered to turn the light on while it is still light outside.

working