jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

The Golden Era of Movie Making

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image87
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12161808.jpg
    During the Golden Era of Movie Making—Directors such as Cecil B. DeMille created epic movies utilizing the “cast of a thousands.” During modern times, the cinematographer only needs to produce a computer graphic image and there render the same effects. There were also classic stars such as: Edward G. Robinson, Barbara Stanwick, Clark Gable, Sidney Poitier, Katherine Hepburn, Spencer Tracey, Humphrey Bogart and James Cagney.

Who was your favorite “Big Screen” actor and what do you think made him/her so appealing? Also, what lessons could the current actors learn from these giants?

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12161820.jpgI remember when in the sixth grade, we were required to see "Gone With the Wind." When Clark Gable's face filled the giant screen, every female in the place sighed! Ruggedly handsome, he was the personification of Rhett Butler! I also enjoyed tough guy Edward G. Robinson and James Cagney. There were a lot of lovely ladies but it was those exciting guys that made we want to go to those revival movies to see them.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

So many were very good and very beautiful back then. I think my favorites are Rita Hayworth and Marlene Dietrich. Less beautiful but very talented, of course, Bette Davis.

3. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Gregory Peck. Gentleman's Agreement, Twelve O'clock High and his portrayal of Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird is a classic.

2. PurvisBobbi44 profile image92
    PurvisBobbi44posted 2 years ago

My mother loved what I called her ‘Black and White’ movie star. She would call me in from playing jacks with the girl down the block to watch her colorless movies with her.

I get my love of movies from her and I suppose she  is why I have a movie blog today. She loved Loretta Young, Bettie Davis, Doris Day, John Wayne, Robert Ryan, George Montgomery---Dinah Shore’s husband and many more. She knew everything about them because of movie magazines and I read them when I was forced to be still.

I have to confess I love my movies in color, I even dream in color and whenever I see a black and white film---I know my mother is watching.

Bobbi Purvis

What wonderful memories! Those old Black and White movies are classic!

3. tlcs profile image80
    tlcsposted 2 years ago

My favourite has to be Dean Martin, not only for his good looks and singing but also because he was so romantic! Brad Pitt could possibly take a few leaves out of his book!

Dino was pretty good with Jerry Lewis!

working