jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

The day after : Is Harold Camping still broadcasting ?

1. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

The day after : Is Harold Camping still broadcasting ?

Harold Camping - Family Radio.

And more importantly is anyone still listening ?

2. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

Yes he is still broadcasting. You can find his signal at I am an idiot dot com slash weak minded christian

3. Stan Fletcher profile image74
    Stan Fletcherposted 6 years ago

I simply can't wait to hear what he has to say.  How anyone believed this guy is beyond comprehension.

4. Jade89 profile image84
    Jade89posted 6 years ago

Apparently he says he misinterpreted the signs. The 21 May was a spiritual judgement day. According to him the world will still be destroyed on October 21st…
    “Through chatting with a friend over what he acknowledged was a very difficult weekend, it dawned on him that instead of the biblical Rapture in which the faithful would be swept up to the heavens, May 21 had instead been a "spiritual" Judgment Day, which places the entire world under Christ's judgment, he said.
    The globe will be completely destroyed in five months, he said, when the apocalypse comes. But because God's judgment and salvation were completed on Saturday, there's no point in continuing to warn people about it, so his network will now just play Christian music and programs until the final end on Oct. 21.” (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_ … e_saturday)

5. JayeWisdom profile image91
    JayeWisdomposted 6 years ago

I read that his radio station is just playing music at this time. Apparently, after giving his latest excuse to the media,
    Mr. Camping is keeping a lower profile...until October, that is, when he insists the world will end without the prelude he predicted for May.

This guy is 89 years old, and accounts of his statements mention that he speaks in a "querulous" voice. Has anyone considered the possibility that he's a bit senile?

However, I noted in one media account that he isn't taking responsibility for any of his followers giving away their possessions or spending all of their money in early May, nor will he reimburse anyone (as one of his employees hoped he might do) from his own moneybags. In fact, he made it clear that he held onto his own belongings even though (he said) he believed he wouldn't need any of it after May, 2011.

It is sad that people are so afraid of dying that they are gullible enough to believe this guy who tells them they can circumvent that process and go straight to heaven. Even sadder that many of those families might be on the poverty level now because the breadwinner quit his/her job and used up or gave their savings away.

I'd say Mr. Camping has a lot to answer for...wouldn't you?

JAYE

6. meow48 profile image74
    meow48posted 6 years ago

It says that no man will know when the world will come to an end... so the way I figure it, if someone does say that it will end on a day of this or that month of this or that year... they are wrong.  Guaranteed.  kinda a backwards logic, but it works for me.  For believers, I have to think that God would want his followers to be busy with His work, not worrying about retirement.  again, just a thought. great question, Mr. Fraser.

working