jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Should Harold Camping be held accountable for his false apocalypse prophesy? If

1. michelemacwrites profile image81
    michelemacwritesposted 6 years ago

Should Harold Camping be held accountable for his false apocalypse prophesy?  If so, how?

2. PETER LUMETTA profile image56
    PETER LUMETTAposted 6 years ago

I think he already is since no one has seen him lately. His punishment is not being taken seriously ever again. Now maybe people will realize that all this BS is just an attempt to gain a little notoriety.

3. michelemacwrites profile image81
    michelemacwritesposted 6 years ago

I just read in link below that he has now stated that Christ did return on Saturday but the new date for the end is October 21st !!

4. Romano Arnesto profile image60
    Romano Arnestoposted 6 years ago

Yes, he should be. For all the fears he had inculcated in the minds of people around the world; although, personally, I don't believe on it and other doomsayers. The Second Coming of the Lord will never be announced. He'll come like a thief; even the angels will not know it. They should really read their Bibles and understand it by heart.

5. Knightheart profile image75
    Knightheartposted 6 years ago

Well, he should be humiliated in public.  This was the second time he pulled this garbage.  After the 1994 incident, people should ignore the moron.  But then he has the guts to pull it again. 

He is an idiot and has nothing better to do, I guess.  Maybe he will fall off a cliff.  He states now that Christ did return on Saturday...what a load!  He is definitely a false prophet.   

If Jesus returned, when did the Rapture take place....he is a lunatic!

The only one that knows when the world will end in God!  It is clearly revealed in God's Word and anyone who claims to know that date, is a blasphemer...saying, in essence that he/she knows more that Almighty God.   How arrogant!

6. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

I don't think so. If people are that weak minded, they need a 2X4 upside the head once in awhile. They deserved what they got for being so darned gullible and weak minded. He is just using capatilism to his advantage. We all know the free market is the answer to all of our problems. He had a product a lot of people wanted to buy. Isn't buyer beware part of the capitalistic formula for success? Peter, the 2X4 comment was for you, lol.

7. profile image0
    Multimanposted 6 years ago

Yes, but because of the seperation clause I doubt they will be able to in court.

8. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

If I told you the world was going to end in an hour, and you believed me would I be responsible for any actions you take as a result of the advice?

No, absolutely not, and I will give you two reasons.

#1 - The bible says "No man shall know" referring to the rapture, that no man will or can predict when it will happen.

#2 - If you're stupid enough to believe some random guy (WHO WAS WRONG ONCE BEFORE) that the world is going to end, any costs accrued due to that ignorance should be on your head and no one else’s.

9. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

no he shouldn't be held accountable. if someone is stupid enough to listen to him, they deserve whatever happens to them. religion is all about control, so worship your gods but take what comes with this concept.

10. ptosis profile image77
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

3x times 1988, 1994 and 2011 - and now 2012

Not exactly yelling FIRE! in a crowded movie theater.

Although it did make people think what if zombies could be lobotomized slaves

Closed to reply