jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Anyone have a true ghost story? If so I would like to hear it.

1. LGrey profile image59
    LGreyposted 5 years ago

Anyone have a true ghost story? If so I would like to hear it.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6639699_f260.jpg

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image33
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 5 years ago

I have a best book on ghost story (real facts) and happened around the world.  If intrested, I shall tell you one or two.

1. LGrey profile image59
      LGreyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, please share when you have the time. I love true ghost stories.

3. collegedad profile image75
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

Just after my daughter was born we had a home built in the Ozark Mountains. The day we did the final inspection with the contractor an odd occurrence took place. We were standing in the living room when something stomped on the floor as is crossed the room. The contractor ran out the front door and wouldn't come back in. It scared him so bad he had to leave. That year a lot of strange things happened. We'd come home to find that our figurines had been turned around. Things would go missing. Lights would turn on and off by themselves. This went on for several months. Then one evening we noticed our daughter looking at something in the living room. She smiled, waved, and turned her head like she was watching someone go out the front door. This went on for several months. Then one day I was shopping for tools at a local hardware and the man noticed the address on my check. He turned white as a sheet. He asked if I'd bought the land at the end of the road over by the river. I told him we had. I got really anxious and asked me to sit and talk for a spell. It seems that he'd sold the property to a local by the name of Leonard years before. Leonard wouldn't take no for an answer and bugged this man until he sold him the land. The next day he filed the deed and headed on to the land with a logging crew. He dropped his first tree and started to cut the limbs off with his chainsaw. He cut a hickory whip which kicked the saw back into his neck. Killed him on the very spot where we'd built the house.

True story. We had a ghost named Leonard!

1. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Or, possibly, the ghost was there long before Leonard, and didn't want him logging the land.

2. LGrey profile image59

Okay, that is scary. Sid, you may be right. It sounds like that ghost didn't want Leonard or anyone else in that house!

4. Sparrowlet profile image81
    Sparrowletposted 5 years ago
    1. LGrey profile image59

I read your hubs. Very interesting and creepy stories. Thank you for sharing.

5. rouxsgirl1963 profile image60
    rouxsgirl1963posted 5 years ago

When I was 9 I used to stay with my aunt and uncle for weeks during the summer.  My uncle worked nights and my aunt was always up late.  One night around midnight my aunt asked me to take my 2 year old cousin into her room and sleep because she was crying and wouldn't go back to sleep.  At about 2:15 am, my aunt came to bed.  It was a new house surrounded by woods..the road wasn't even paved yet.  There were no houses around for miles.  It was totally dark except for a night light at the living room end of the hall.  My aunt went in the bathroom and I heard her gasp.  I jumped up, thinking she'd found a spider or something.  In the mirror was a reflection of a flickering candle flame.  I was speechless, and scared out of my wits..lol.  We checked all the windows which were covered with blankets because they had only lived there a few weeks.  No light was coming in anywhere.  After about a minute, it went away.  The next morning, my aunt got a call that a close family friend had passed away during the night....at 2:15 am.  Guess it was his way of saying good bye.

1. LGrey profile image59

That is a cool story. I have a similar one. One night I thought i saw my uncle standing in my hall dressed in a suit. The next morning I learned he had passed during the night. He was coming to say bye or I had a premonition. It was very strange.

6. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I have several, but one is sad with a sweet ending. Right after I graduated college, one of my favorite teachers, Ms. Jones, committed suicide. It was really hard on me - she was my mentor, and, I thought, "If that's what she had to do, where am I going to end up." And she had two lovely children. But her depression had gotten the better of her.

About five years later, I was in my bedroom in an 8th floor apartment in New York City. I felt like someone was in the room with me. Now, I didn't see anything physical, or hear anything, but I just knew someone was in the room with me. So I sat down and said hello. I recognized Ms. Jones. She spoke to me, and asked if she'd been wrong to kill herself. I told her she'd done her best and that it was okay.

I watched as she became star of shining light and flew up into heaven.

Since that day, I have been with many souls around the time of, or after, bodily death and witnessed them as they move on.

1. LGrey profile image59

That is a very neat story. You must be a very kind and compassionate person to be able to feel others and offer comfort as they move on. Thanks for sharing!

7. Joe Friedman profile image87
    Joe Friedmanposted 5 years ago
    1. LGrey profile image59

Okay Joe, those are some creepy scary stories! Thanks for sharing your hubs.

working