jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How many of you are so excited for autumn?

1. StaceytheWanderer profile image75
    StaceytheWandererposted 5 years ago

How many of you are so excited for autumn?

I feel like there's more to do outside. It's more comfortable to do so. It's prettier scenery. It's just all around great. What are your favorite things to do in the fall?

2. cryptid profile image96
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

I always like when the seasons change.  I guess I get bored.  I wish they could each last only a month.  But I especially like autumn.  I like when the leaves change, and when the air starts to get cooler, especially at night.  I like the smell of the first wood-burning stoves that crank up, and the anticipation of the Holidays.  Of course I love that football season starts.  :-)

3. First Colony profile image59
    First Colonyposted 5 years ago

As I stood outside yesterday evening in Central Virginia, it was almost perfect.  The weather was neither too cool nor too hot.  The nights are becoming more tolerable, we are not running the AC during the day, AND the leaves haven't fallen yet.  I think that is the best thing about early September.  The weather is nicer and we don't have the leaves to rake yet.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I am. Better weather where I won't sweat when driving for five minutes. Favorite things to do consists of bike rides, grilling, curling up and reading a book, warm drinks, etc.

5. manthy profile image76
    manthyposted 5 years ago

I wrote a whole hub about the fall season in ALABAMA,
    I am excited to say the least, I am tired of paying all these huge power bills for one thing,then theres football,The Fair coming, the leaves falling - I'm stoked

6. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Actually I am one of those people that love the autumn or Fall time of the year. Like you said it's much more comfortable at this time of the year, and there's nothing prettier then all of those beautiful colors from the changing leaves.

7. MamaTschet profile image77
    MamaTschetposted 5 years ago

I love the Fall also.  But our summer was cut short - we had wildfires the first half and water shortages the second half, as a result we couldn't boat in the smoke and then there was no water left to boat in!  Last Fall we actually boated almost until Halloween.  That was beautiful weather!  My youngest is an Autumn child so I especially enjoy this time of year because of him.