jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Great horror movie killers?

1. Gary Holdaway profile image83
    Gary Holdawayposted 5 years ago

Great horror movie killers?

I'm writing an article where we will be weening down the top 10 horror film killers ever. Where not rating movies, but the integrity of the character. Please give a reason for your nomination and I'll be sure to pop them in the article. The killers don't have to be the bad guys, for example... the parents in "Last house on the left" will be in there. We'll be polling in the article to decipher the top 10 in order.

Freddy Kreuger: nightmare on elmsteet.
    Michael Myers: Halloween
    Damion Thorn: The Omen
    Jason Vorhees: Friday the 13th
    The girl from devils rejects
    Christian Bale In American Psycho

2. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

My pic is Dr. Hannibal Lecter in "Silence of the Lambs," 1991. I pick this character (flawlessly portrayed by Anthony Hopkins who won an Oscar for the role) because of the chilling evil he was able to emit even when he was in a muzzle mask and body brace. His performance will go down in history as one of the most frightening, ever.

Gary Holdawayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Like your train of thought. I had him anyway, if only for his reasoning, intelligence, and general psychopathic personality. .

3. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Hannibal Lecter has my vote, because the killer that you can sympathize with and even like (in some respects) to me seems more frightening than one that just wants to jab a butcher knife in you. I liked the creepy guy in the Saw movies, or at least the first couple and Baby from House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects is a good pick, too. Bale in American Psycho was really creepy, especially because of the lack of emotion he displayed. I really need to watch that one again. One of my biggest favorites was Max Kady, Robert De Niro's character in Cape Fear - although he didn't whack anybody, he was still frightening. Also, Chucky, Freddy Kruger, Candyman, Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) or Pinhead from Hellraiser.

I'll shut up now. smile

Gary Holdawayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha you have just snatched the words right out of my notepad! Except from Kape fear, but if it was also down to those who didn't kill, I would nominate ryan reynolds in the reboot of Amityville, he played it well and the pretense is scary.

4. Rosana Modugno profile image85
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

I'm torn between "The Killer Inside Me" (Casey Affleck), or "The Hitcher" (original, Rutger Hauer). 

Casey's character was a psychopath who seemed so normal as a sheriff, but had a twisted side, so living that double life intrigued me and made me wonder about some of my friends lol

Rutger's character was also a psychopath but he was a little smarter because he kept framing the kid for all the crimes and I really liked that twist.

And if you're staying on Rutger, don't forget "Hobo with a Shotgun", a man with a vengeance.