jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What will be the excuses after the world doesn't end on December 21, 2012?

1. hockey8mn profile image75
    hockey8mnposted 5 years ago

What will be the excuses after the world doesn't end on December 21, 2012?

After the world continues to exist and people continue with their lives, what will people be saying next?  Will people try and explain why the world didn't end or will they start predicting the next day of our demise?

2. Goody5 profile image73
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

There's multiple reasons for the Mayan calendar ending on December 21st 2012, which don't include the world coming to an end. Check out this hub for some very interesting perspectives on this topic - http://theholestory.hubpages.com/hub/Th … n-calendar

3. mpropp profile image85
    mproppposted 5 years ago

How about this for an excuse?

God must have hit the snooze button. Just be patient, wait another 10,000 years.

4. Alberic O profile image68
    Alberic Oposted 5 years ago

Something like, 'Oh I forgot to carry the 1 on my calculations. The end of the world will end in 30 yrs from Dec. 4, 2012.'

5. getitrite profile image79
    getitriteposted 5 years ago

I have family members who have already stated that if the world doesn't end on 12/21/12, then there will, at least, be some kind of catastrophe around that date.

1. hockey8mn profile image75
      hockey8mnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you know their reasoning for coming to this conclusion?

2. getitrite profile image79
      getitriteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think that they are victims of post hypnotic suggestions.  They "feel" what they have been instructed to feel.

3. hockey8mn profile image75
      hockey8mnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha

6. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

That the world decided to lag back and go over the fiscal cliff with the rest of us!

working