jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What was Your Favorite Rocky Movies?

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 5 years ago

What was Your Favorite Rocky Movies?

For me it is a draw between Rocky III and IV.  The first two movies were good but they were long and drawn out.  The next two movies had a lot more action in them.  I didn't care much for Rocky V and I haven't watched Rocky Balboa.  Though I did hear that was an excellent movie.

2. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

The first Rocky film is my favorite movie of all time. It is the ultimate under dog story. In real life even, it was Sylvester Stallone's break through, he was a struggling actor before that movie. It has all of the elements that make a great film. Rocky IV is the most entertaining with its action and cool as heck training sequences in Russia. Love them all with V being my least favorite (the scene with Mickey in a flashback is one of the best scenes in the series though.)

3. ajwrites57 profile image86
    ajwrites57posted 5 years ago

I loved the first one--mainly because it sets up the Rocky myth. Also, Stallone was living out the Rocky myth in his own life. A struggling actor, writes a film casting himself in the lead role. Stallone plays the role as he is living out his life as an actor--looking for a big break. And it won 3 Oscars! Although Stallone was nominated but did not win for best actor. Rocky II and III come next. I like the rest about the same. Love Stallone, though! Nice question!

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File% … iNovi3.jpg

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
      LoisRyan13903posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I remember hearing about how he wrote the screenplay in something like 48 hours.    Wow!