jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Do you look out for reviews about documentaries or films before watching them?

1. nisargmehta profile image82
    nisargmehtaposted 4 years ago

Do you look out for reviews about documentaries or films before watching them?

I enjoy watching films and documentaries which brought me to a conclusion about writing reviews and sharing it with fellow hubbers.

Do you enjoy following such Hubs?

2. CuriousLearner profile image60
    CuriousLearnerposted 4 years ago

Sure, every time after watching any documentary and film I search the reviews if it seems interesting to me. I look forward to your reviews.

nisargmehtaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. Your response is quite encouraging!!! [Smiles]

3. Kevin Peter profile image72
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

No, I straight away watch them. I dont think there is some use in looking out for them before watching.

Interesting!!! Thank you for sharing your opinion. [Smiles]

4. Chris Achilleos profile image80
    Chris Achilleosposted 4 years ago

Well as each person's opinion varies I think I am mostly drawn to watch a film if I like its description. I usually look at reviews after watching. Don't really like to get others opinions before watching something. To be honest though if you are thinking about writing reviews, do it, it sounds like a good idea and it should definitely attract a lot of readers as there's many people who enjoy checking out reviews!
    I wish you all the best,
    Chris

Thank you. I agree, it will be interesting for me, as I've tried already, and for others as well. The choice is not about movies, I like documentaries. It gives a lot of information and the same would I like to share. [Smiles]

5. Georgie Lowery profile image92
    Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago

I like reading movie reviews after I've seen them to see what other people have taken away from the film. Before I buy books, though, I'll usually check on Amazon to see how many people rated it badly - I don't ever read the actual reviews because many of them contain spoilers.

I agree, some give away the secret and takes away the thrill. I, on the other end, like to leave readers with an encouragement to watch the film. Hence I prefer to give reviews only about the documentaries I find worth sharing.

6. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 4 years ago

Sometimes I do, trying to avoid spoilers reviews.

I ensure, there will be no spoilers!! [Smiles]

working