jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

What is your favorite SciFi Movie?

1. LeanChris profile image73
    LeanChrisposted 4 years ago

What is your favorite SciFi Movie?

Which is your favorite? Why?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

My all time favorite is the original "RoboCop" -- it's got everything I love about movies, all rolled up in one film. Dystopian sci-fi vibe, black-as-coal humor, and over-the-top action and violence. It's like a really kickass comic book come to life.

I do not have particularly high hopes for the forthcoming "RoboCop" remake which is due next year. The images I've seen from on the set thus far look godawful.

1. profile image59
      pgornerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.

3. Mr Archer profile image92
    Mr Archerposted 4 years ago

I am a SciFi nut, so this is not too easy to answer. Terminator, Blade Runner, The Island, Jurassic Park, Sphere, Contact, Logan's Run, Outland, and The
    Day The Earth Stood Still (the original, not Keanu Reeves horrid remake) all garner my attention, but the first SciFi movie I remember seeing and loving was Michael Crichton's "The Andromeda Strain" years and years ago. That was and remains my favorite. The thought that a virus from outer space could come down here and kill us all was mind blowing to a young boy.

4. Oswalda Purcell profile image82
    Oswalda Purcellposted 4 years ago

The Matrix! Great entertainment and a powerful spiritual message smile

5. erorantes profile image51
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

My favorite movies are science fictions. I like the art work on the creatures that do not exist . But they do make me jump  when I'm watching them. My favorite are all of them. But here are a few I already watched.
    Alien
    Minority Report
    The fifth element
    Total Recall
    Forbiddent Planet.

6. EJ Lambert profile image74
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

Such a tough question.  However if I was forced to compile a short list here are a few that come to mind:

Sunshine

Back To The Future

Terminator 2

Star War Episode IV

7. ponder profile image62
    ponderposted 4 years ago

Altered States....For me, it begs the question how old humanity actually is beyond this dynamic called Earth.....

8. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8139827_f260.jpg

I am surprised (pleasantly) that some others have mentioned Terminator... My favorite is probably the last Terminator movie; I think it was titled Salvation. I believe the character John Connor was brilliant and realistic. I thought the ending was both unexpected and brilliant.

Sincerely,
    John Connor

9. Tim Quam profile image60
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

I don't care much for the idea that the future is bleak, so I'll choose the original Star Wars movie, Episode IV, which was subtitled A New Hope.  It was a new hope, both for the rebels and for movie goers.

10. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

From my childhood days.  the original "Invaders from Mars."  gave me nightmares!  Where could I turn? Had trusted people been brainwashed? "invasion of the Body Snatchers" also rates up there.  It's a toss up between "Alien"  and "Terminator 2" for brilliant overall story and visual effects. Both were creepy because they could actually happen in our future- a sobering thought!

11. Caveman67 profile image57
    Caveman67posted 4 years ago

As for me, Alien is the most interesting SciFi Movie. And it is still creepy...

12. mshajid profile image60
    mshajidposted 4 years ago

Avatar is my best science fiction movie because it based on notorious novel and of course it's like another real world.. I wonder if it's exist "pandora" I'll buy a ticket for it to live my entire life.

working