jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you think this year will be the year that Charlie Brown is going to finally k

1. TheHoleStory profile image80
    TheHoleStoryposted 3 years ago

Do you think this year will be the year that Charlie Brown is going to finally kick the football?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11888537_f260.jpg

2. lisavanvorst profile image79
    lisavanvorstposted 3 years ago

wow this brings back memories of when my children were little ones. I think Chuck needs to finally kick that football!

3. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

I don't think he'll ever kick the football.

4. CatherineGiordano profile image97
    CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years ago

I'm going to think of this as a metaphor and say we must never give up hope.

5. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11889342_f260.jpg

No I am afraid he will not since Charlie's creator has passed on and left him behind to suffer the same fate from Lucy once again...

6. joanhall profile image91
    joanhallposted 3 years ago

What he ought to do is kick Lucy instead.

7. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Unless someone takes over the strip in the future who has a different feeling than the previous writers/artists I do not think he ever will because that is one of the laughs of the strip.

8. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

No, Charlie Brown will never kick the football because his creator kicked the bucket.

9. bonda profile image24
    bondaposted 3 years ago

Very funny!  I never thought about it.  Ever!  How about Garfield and exercise.  will he ever go to the gym or stretch his legs around the block

10. Chris Austin profile image78
    Chris Austinposted 3 years ago

If I were him, I would get another ball and have Linus hold it.

I like the metaphor idea of never giving up hope, CatherineGiordano, and that is the direction I am going with.

That is why he should "find another way to complete the task" istead of trying the same way that has been unsuccessful.

What do they say....6+3=9?  so does 5+4!

11. Bubblegum Jones profile image60
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

No, As long as Lucy is holding the ball I don't think that poor old Charlie Brown is ever going to be able to kick that football.

working