jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever had to kick your child out of the house and why?

1. Virtual Treasures profile image57
    Virtual Treasuresposted 7 years ago

Have you ever had to kick your child out of the house and why?

Were you able to rebuild your relationship?

2. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

My mother kicked me out of the house when I was nineteen and I could not love her more for it.

I have "friends" who are my age, still living with their parents and treating their family like the Hilton. And I thank my mother everyday that I am a more independant person now than I was ten years ago.

3. Dr. Wendy profile image68
    Dr. Wendyposted 7 years ago

Sadly, yes.  I had a young adult child that was involved in drugs and self-mutilation.  I had rules and this child had the choice to obey them or leave.  The rules weren't obeyed, so I pointed to the door.  It was the hardest thing I ever had to do.  I had much younger children watching it all, so in addition to doing all I knew to help this child, I had to do whatever it took to make the others realize there are consequences to the choices we make in life.

We are still working on the rebuilding.

4. loveingyou profile image57
    loveingyouposted 7 years ago

I don't have children, but my mother kicked me out of the house (not permanently, only for a short period of time).

She had rules in place, and I was a rather rebellious child. In the end, it helped strengthen our relationship because I saw the time and effort she put into raising me, and the pain she felt going through with it.

During this time though, I gained independence, and had an ability to build my own personality and character.