jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

What is the FUNNIEST movie you have EVER seen?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is the FUNNIEST movie you have EVER seen?

2. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

There are so many great movies....I have to be a bit selective here - as a teenager I was brought up on Monty Python (yes, I'm that old!) so without question when I went to see their movies I tended to laugh a lot. All of them basically I found extremely funny, despite the controversy. The Holy Grail from the Python team gets my vote.

1. chefmancave profile image86
      chefmancaveposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ditto...Monty Python & the Holy Grail. What is the airspeed of an unladden swallow?

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

My all time favorite comedy is the original "Airplane!" from 1980. I was about 11 years old when I first saw that on cable and I swear it was the single funniest thing I'd ever seen in my life up to that point, I spent the whole movie in absolute hysterics. I've probably seen it a hundred times since then but I **STILL** laugh at every silly gag, every single time!

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

It has to be Sharknado.  It is one of those movies that is so bad it is funny.

5. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

1. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    2. The Interview (absolutely hilarious!)
    3. The Meaning of Life - Monty Python
    4. All of Me - Steve Martin
    5. All of the Mel Brooks movies
    6. The End - another James Franco and Seth Rogan classic

6. Theophanes profile image96
    Theophanesposted 3 years ago

The British version of Death at a Funeral is my all time favorite funny movie. I can't not laugh, no matter how many times I see it! With that being said honorable mentions should also be given to Harold and Maude, all the Monty Python movies, Shortbus (for adult-minded humor) Juno, and Saved (for blasphemers only.) Bonus for the only "children's" movie on my list: Mary & Max (which I honestly wouldn't let children watch... just sayin')

7. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 3 years ago

I love movies that make me laugh and I have seen some wonderfully funny movies.  The one, however, that always come to mind when asked that question is "Stuart Saves His Family".  It has a wonderful cast starring Al Franken with Laura Giacomo, Vincent D'Onofrio, Shirley Knight....and many others,  I laughed so hard at times I could barely catch my breath. I liked it so much that I gave it to co-worker who liked it as much I me.....it then begin to make the rounds of the office with everyone having the same reaction....laughter and more laughter. 

The dysfunctions in this family are familiar and funny.  One reviewer said " you'll laugh because it is not your family.....you'll cry because it is."

It has been, at least, 10 years since watching this movie but I remember moments like I watched it only yesterday.

8. chefmancave profile image86
    chefmancaveposted 3 years ago

I will agree with Chef du jour...Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

A few others to consider:
    1) Dr. Strangelove
    2) The Blues Brothers
    3) Shrek
    4) Spinal Tap

9. profile image0
    Miran Shuletaposted 3 years ago

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Dumb and Dumber, and Office Space.

10. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 2 years ago

Hi Grace Marguerite Williams! How's it going?

As long as we're doing short lists of funniest movies, here's mine in no particular order:

1. Airplane
    2. Airplane II: The Sequel
    3. Mel Brooks' "High Anxiety"
    4. Clue (the early-eighties film based on the mystery whodunit board game)
    5. Scary Movie 4

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I love all Mel Brooks movies, particularly The Producers(1967), not the recent version and Blazing Saddles.  Those movies are a hoot!