jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Why is the music in movies always so loud you can't hear the people talk?

1. gregas profile image82
    gregasposted 16 months ago

Why is the music in movies always so loud you can't hear the people talk?

Even the background sounds are sometimes so loud they drown out the monologue.

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 16 months ago

I AGREE! At movies and at home this is such an irritation. I have a good stereo system at home, but I often need to crank the volume up just to hear the conversation. And then what happens? Some background noise for such things as; gunshots, trucks, whatever almost blasts you out of the house. So, you turn the volume down, until the next (intimate???) piece of conversation is blown away again.
    Good luck figuring this out.
    DON

3. Venkatachari M profile image42
    Venkatachari Mposted 16 months ago

A good question. I always used to find inconvenient with these loud noises. It is much disturbing and terrific also. But, now, I had to become accustomed to it as my own son plays music so loud with a stereo system in the house. But, still, I feel pity for those who can't bear such terrific noises.

4. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 16 months ago

I agree with you as well. I know my hearing isn't quite what it used to be, but it's gotten to the point that I wish they would include captioning (as they do in foreign movies).

5. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 16 months ago

This has been a big complaint for years, so why doesn't the film industry listen to its audience? At one time during regulation of broadcasting, there was a law against such as this, but now after deregulation, even TV shows can play loud music over the actors conversations. Is it because writers now write such lousy dialogue? I can't think of any other reason, but I agree with you other writers that it is a very annoying practice and should be stopped.
    I also find that today some of the actors use such soft voices or they mumble their lines -- and then loud music makes the show impossible to follow, especially for baby boomers whose hearing is fading with age.

1. Venkatachari M profile image42
      Venkatachari Mposted 16 months agoin reply to this

True. It is a serious issue that needs to be fixed by the regulators and law enforcers. They should listen to the problems faced by people and do something to present a nice atmosphere in the theaters and in the broadcasting channels.

6. kennethkking profile image60
    kennethkkingposted 16 months ago

Hey Greg they want you to Feel the music that is why they always bombard you with alot of bass

working