jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Anyone else listen to classical music?

1. cydro profile image88
    cydroposted 6 years ago

Classical meaning baroque, classical, romantic...

1. KK Trainor profile image60
      KK Trainorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, Vivaldi's Four Seasons! And my favorite piece ever is Bach's Sleepers Awake, gorgeous.

2. kerryg profile image89
      kerrygposted 6 years agoin reply to this

All of the above! Plus opera.

My mom rarely listens to anything written after 1900... some of it rubbed off!

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years agoin reply to this

yes, all of it. I especially love baroque.. so calming and beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mURZQNpK … re=related

4. Freegoldman profile image38
      Freegoldmanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

definitely...One day 1 of my indian friend started listng to Rabindra sangeet.I didnt undrstnmd a single line of it bt i oved the rhytm...It ws awesome.

5. ladyguitarpicker profile image75
      ladyguitarpickerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Has anyone played any of the music of Elias Barreriro?  I received some of his music and I was wondering if anyone else knows this composer? I have never played any of his music sadly I do not know it.

6. Silverspeeder profile image59
      Silverspeederposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I listen to and play classical music on guitar. Bach translates very well to guitar as do many other 18th and 19th century composers amongst others.

1. ladyguitarpicker profile image75
        ladyguitarpickerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I like Bach, along with Beethoven. I like Paul Henry's "Air". Glad someone else likes classical guitar.

2. AliciaC profile image100
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

I love classical music. My favorite composer is Prokofiev, although I enjoy the music created by many other classical music composers too.

3. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

Aw! I play it too (classical piano).

The Germans: Brahms (my favorite), Robert and Clara Schumann(his wife), Bach, Beethoven, Handel

The Russians: Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Rimsky-Korsakov

That MAD Austrian from Salzburg: Mozart

The Americans: Joplin, Gershwin, Copland 

And then... there is OPERA... Rossini, Verdi, Bizet, Puccini...

The most beautiful art form - MUSIC!

1. cydro profile image88
      cydroposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad deep down on the inside that you didn't say Wagner.  I can't really stand him haha

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There is only one piece of music that I love written by Wagner. "Liebestod" from Tristan and Isolde. The chromaticism is fascinating and then that final chord! Ah!!! Other than that, I am not thrilled about the Walkyries or anything else he wrote. smile

1. RedElf profile image88
          RedElfposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My mother played that piece and I loved it. I enjoy writing to classical music - best when there are no words, otherwise my brain gets distracted. Even in an instrumental version, if the piece does have words my brain puts them in. Distracting... 
          I find I write differently to different composers - for instance, while listening to Bach, I tend to begin much more formally, and be a bit wordier than normal big_smile So I have to go back and edit.
          Once I get going, though, you could set off a bomb and I probably wouldn't notice much.

1. profile image0
            klarawieckposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's funny how the brain works with music. In my case, I can't listen to music while I'm writing, reading, trying to go to sleep, or having a conversation. I have perfect pitch, so I'm constantly analyzing the music (chord progression, melody, countermelody, key changes, patterns, etc.) Music doesn't allow me to concentrate on anything else, so I could be looking at the person who's talking to me, and I'll be nodding and all, yet, I'm not listening. Same thing when I attend meetings or someone talks forever... I don't hear the words, just the voice fluctuation. So, yes, I go into "the twilight zone" very often. big_smile

4. WriteAngled profile image85
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Obviously I listen to classical music.

I also listen to world and folk music.

I do not listen to pop music because I find it inane and irritating.

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 6 years ago

I listen to classical most of the time. It's the only music I play. But, when I'm in an energetic and happy mood, I always revert to rock.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...sure...i luv it...sometimes i'd spin some Vivaldi while doing housework...weird, huh?  big_smile

working