jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Should he be acknowledged on Father's Day?

1. mcgreg28 profile image61
    mcgreg28posted 4 years ago

Should a mother acknowledge her child's father on Father's Day if he did not acknowlege her on Mother's Day?

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think, without knowing all the circumstances, I favor the mother urging the child to acknowledge his father on Father’s Day.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

mcgreg28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

What if the child is just a baby and cannot speak

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
          Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps the mother can set an example for the father, one that will be followed by the child in later life on both Mother’s and Father’s Day.
          [img]http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg[/img

2. peeples profile image87
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

YES YES YES!!!! Set a good example for all involved! Let the little one hold a marker and scribble a card. Paint the child's hand and place them on the card. Something! I do it every father's day for my ex (even though I really can't stand him).

Thanks....we may need to talk

3. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

At this point, if the child is too young to speak/doesn't comprehend, I don't think it's a big deal either way. Once the child is older and understands, both of you should acknowledge each other for the sake of the child.

He acknowledged me when I were pregnant and to be honest, not doing so now really hurts. I just want to give him a dose of his own medicine just to see how he'd like it

4. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Honestly it sounds more like a personal vendetta between you and him, when it should be about the child from both of you. You should talk to him, and both of you need to put personal feelings about each other to the side, and focus on the child.

working