Is it to early to move in with my boyfriend?

1. Kadabug5124 profile image51
    Kadabug5124posted 8 years ago

Is it to early to move in with my boyfriend?

I am 17, I will turn 18 in April. We will be dating for a year on Feb. 16th. We spend the nght with eachother very often. He wants to go ahead and move in and start a family in April. Any Advice??? Please help.

2. Clark Grizvold profile image71
    Clark Grizvoldposted 8 years ago

I would have to say he is a smart guy trying to get you to commit to him, you sound like a very intelligent person with writing aspirations.  Meaning he may have a lot more to gain then you. 

You did say he is going to be moving in with you?  And how old is he?  If you have a place for him to live he may just want free rent, I have seen that a lot. 

If he is a great guy then I am sure he will be fine with continuing dating and moving in and having children when you are ready. 

Your asking the question makes me think you are not so ready.   Good luck to you in everything you do.

3. KidsWinAtDivorce profile image55
    KidsWinAtDivorceposted 8 years ago

17 is very young to be making a decision that will impact you for the rest of your life.  Many times young people are sure they have met the right person, "the love of their life" only to find out later that they have grown apart simply because of their age. People really change between the ages of 18 and 24. No one can tell you what is right for you, but I hope you will take the time to consider how your lives may change in the next few years.  Did you know that  almost 1 out of every 2 marriages end in divorce and that statistic is even higher the younger the couple is when they get married.  Take some time, get a couple more years under your belt.  If this really is the "one for you", they will still be the one for you in a couple of years.

working