How becoming a father changes your life

1. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

How becoming a father changes your life

2. misfit28 profile image52
    misfit28posted 8 years ago

I'll be the first to admit that I never thought that I would have a child.  Most of the people who have known me for more than 3 years know that I swore that I would never have one.

Now I have a beautiful 2 year old son, and he is the light of my life.  He is my biggest inspiration to get out of bed everyday.  I took care of him for the first six months of his life, while my fiance worked long hours to support us.  I was in grad school at the time, and I would never trade those experiences for the world.  It was tough, indescribably so, but so worth every 4 AM feeding.  To add to this, he was premature by 7 weeks.  This made it even more worrisome, as we were desperately afraid of him becoming ill.  I am glad to report that he is perfectly healthy and happy, and a little ball of energy!!!

In a nutshell, becoming a father makes you realize that there is more to life than going to parties and fulfilling every selfish desire that you have.  Being a father means putting your child first before EVERYTHING.  Being a father means that you are responsible for not only what YOU do to make the world a better place, but you are also responsible for the impact that your child makes.  It is an awesome responsibility, and one that makes me try to be a conscious and self-aware parent at all times. 

It is an awesome experience, and not one for the faint of heart.  Believe me, it can (and will!!) scare the hell out of you.  But in the end, there is nothing else that I have done in my life that can even compare.

3. profile image0
    sord87posted 8 years ago

I am too proud to be a parent after 10 years of trying difficulties.For a normal marriage I would say that to be a parent is the most thing you must experience it.You could learn how to love and be loved.It is a great adventure and experience for the rest of your life.

working