jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are Today’s Children More Undisciplined and Rude? If So, What Can We Do To Chang

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Are Today’s Children More Undisciplined and Rude? If So, What Can We Do To Change Them?

2. Jeff Berndt profile image87
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

People have been complaining about "the kids today" since Shakespeare's time. I doubt that today's hooligans are any more rude than the hooligans of the 16th century.

3. ImperialPCs profile image74
    ImperialPCsposted 7 years ago

I would definitely say that the current generation is horribly behaved.  The government has taken parental rights to discipline and turned them into a joke.  When I was 5 years old, if I stepped out of line, I'd get my behind beaten.  Now if you try to spank your child, you're facing jail time.  Hardly seems fair.

4. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

parenting has gone through so many different styles. that seems to be part of the problem, and often kids basically are raising themselves or whatever environment they spend the most time in influences their morals and behavior.
    I wrote a few hubs on this subject which may be helpful. here is one of them. http://hubpages.com/hub/Teaching-Values … oung-Child   it links to another one about parenting styles and discipline.

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

There are too many people (not all) who just crank out litters of spawn without any idea of how to raise, support, and educate them.  Then all the do-gooders cry to government to step in.  Government has usurped many parental rights, even the rights of the few conscientious parents.  And you should know that anything government touches turns to "shinola".  (EGTTTS)

6. twiztidcrazy420 profile image52
    twiztidcrazy420posted 7 years ago

If a child is undisciplined and rude, I think its probably the parents fault for having no idea what they are doing or just not caring enough. Children who behave bad, normally are trying to get attention. All they need is a positive influence. Also, younger people who have no life expericences are having kids, how are they supposed to guide a child when they yet are one too?