jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are the weekends so short?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image87
    BRIAN SLATERposted 7 years ago

Why are the weekends so short?

2. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

A very interesting and challenging question, Mr Slater. I think the reasoning behind the answer lies well within the range of my experience.  Weekend are short for a very good reason. They are the onlly hourly period in your life that you enjoy.  Work dominates the rest of the week and work sucks to say the least.  If you are at the point of retirement, then I would suggest that you have reached to apex at which you should really give thought to the reality of retiring.  If you are much too young for that, then you are in the wrong job and need to find something more attuned to your liking.  Hating a job makes for short weekends.  Those are the two extremes, choose carefully!WB

3. Cris A profile image58
    Cris Aposted 7 years ago

It depends on your state of activity or inactivity - and whether you're liking or disliking whichever state. If you're having fun, resting, weekends tend to seem so short. If you can't wait to do something on a weekday, or expecting something, the weekends seem to become slow or long big_smile

4. BRIAN SLATER profile image87
    BRIAN SLATERposted 7 years ago

Wayne I think you must have taken a long hard look at my profile picture to have ascertained that I am in fact semi -retired, when I asked this question I was thinking about my wife who goes of to work Mon-Fri. All the same, a very astute answer, you certainly made my Mon morning start with a smile.

5. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

whoever thought up the idea that we should work five and rest two, obviously, got it the wrong way around

Closed to reply