jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you raising your children better than your parents raised you?

1. kookoo88 profile image60
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

Are you raising your children better than your parents raised you?

2. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I would say in some aspects yes, we know more now then when we were children. In some aspects though I do my parents taught me a lot!

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

definetly yes. my kids are shown love, given help when they need it and i try to do as much as possible as i can with them. i never beat my kids or use words to abuse them. i'm very proud as a parent and how my kids have grown up .

4. profile image50
    Kristan Katzposted 7 years ago

My parents raised me the best way they knew how- and that was good enough.   I'm doing the same thing with my kids now-raising them the best way I know how.   It isn't the same way I was raised; it isn't better or worse, but it is different.   I grew up to be an individual with a different set of values and my children are far different from the child I was.  What my parents did worked.. what I'm doing does too!  Apples and Oranges.

5. Gluten Free Mom profile image55
    Gluten Free Momposted 7 years ago

yes and no, they did a good job in some aspects and in others I want to do better or different

6. Sunnyglitter profile image83
    Sunnyglitterposted 7 years ago

Absolutely.  I'd click the "make a hub about it" button, but I kind of already made one.  Check out my recent article on estrangement from my parents.

I'll never raise my children the way I was raised.  Ever.

working