jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you had the ability to see the future...

1. Rusty C. Adore profile image95
    Rusty C. Adoreposted 7 years ago

If you had the ability to see the future...

If you had the ability to see the future and you looked ahead by 5 years and saw that you had a child during that time, but that the child would die from a painful disease at such a young age.. when you returned to your time... would you take precautions to avoid having that child entirely?

2. Mandeeadair profile image82
    Mandeeadairposted 7 years ago

oh wow, what a hard question....its kinda like that saying its better to have loved and lost, than no at all?!  not sure about this case, seeing a child suffer is a horrible thing.  Probably avoid it, wouldn't want to see my child in pain and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

3. profile image51
    sunny5555posted 7 years ago

I would do everything I could to not have a child. I would not like the idea of any child suffering.

4. PR Morgan profile image59
    PR Morganposted 7 years ago

No, I would take my chance and try to avoid the disease..or find a cure!

5. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

well I've always been telling myself if I could bring back time I will avoid those painful times in my life!
    Losing my own flesh and blood would yet be excruciating and if and only if I had the ability to foresee the future I wouldn't want to have a child whose lifespan is too short sad

6. moonfairy profile image77
    moonfairyposted 7 years ago

yes. I would never want my child to suffer and it I wouldn't want to go through the pain of losing someone I love so much.

7. Magdelene profile image82
    Magdeleneposted 7 years ago

no, not because I wish for the child to suffer but because that is what was decreed to be. It does not mean I would not do everything in my power to ensure that the child had the best life possible. Futures can change in the blink of an eye and what is in the future always has a possibility of taking a different path.
    It is not my right to make that choice for another life.

8. Heart Felt Book profile image80
    Heart Felt Bookposted 7 years ago

No... Yet good question.. I will take my chances and now prepare myself to better the situation now that i am aware.. The memory of the moments is what counts not the day's.

working