jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is the visual media responsible for creating breast worship?

1. platinumOwl4 profile image74
    platinumOwl4posted 7 years ago

Is  the visual media responsible for creating breast worship?

Have breast become overemphasized objects of sex?

2. DJProfessorK profile image60
    DJProfessorKposted 7 years ago

I would think so, probably because it is a standout feature of the body (that's a terrible word choice, but the only one in my head that makes sense).

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

.........I think that is a "man" thing, that the media leaped upon and explotied.  We  can not blame them for the weakness of men.

How they misunderstand! 

The breasts of women, like pigs, cows, dogs and all other  mammals, are for  the feeding of the young.

How they became an object of  desire is beyond me, but in this case, don't blame the media.

4. Jarn profile image83
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Read something by the Marquis de Sade. He was big on bewbs too, and that was long before printing anything but basic woodcuts was possible. Men like boobs because we liked boobs as babies. Not much really changed since.

5. Bucks here profile image59
    Bucks hereposted 7 years ago

and onegoodwomen sounds like a mannequin with no fun.

Its very simple, the breast is the First thing that a mother shows the children so for Men its the opposite sex, for a Woman it could be competition, and for the others they never noticed.

6. PurvisBobbi44 profile image81
    PurvisBobbi44posted 7 years ago

I would say that it probably started with Adam and Eve. When Eve took a bite of the apple. Well, I am sure you know the story. I feel that breasts were God's gift to women, so they could feed their babies. And still to this day, it a good thing for babies to have breast milk.

working