could i be pregnant

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (53 posts)
  1. profile image50
    kenna joposted 16 years ago

Ok so my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex te day afte m period could i be prennt??

1. profile image28
      ttreiddposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i would say get a pregnacy test to be on te safe side and in the near time to come be safe not sorry take care

1. mandybeau profile image58
        mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a humorous Hub and I knew it was old, but I think we better listen to Misha enuf is enuf.lol

2. mandybeau profile image58

Kenna Jo is high on my list of plonkers, her boyfriend is just below her.

1. profile image48
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You sure he wasn't on top of her lol.

Got a point there, it was a tacky little pun, spose I should be serious about such a serious question  lol. But honestly is she real?

3. lawretta profile image62
      lawrettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi kenna Jo,you have to be very careful,having unprotected sex can be very dangerous .
      <snipped-do not post links to your hubs in the forums, except in the Extreme Hub Makeover section>

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

Kenna Jo, this is not a question and answer site like Yahoo Answers - but yes, you could be pregnant.  Unprotected sex is never a good idea at any time of the month, because sperm can survive for several days.

3. CrystalSingleton profile image60
    CrystalSingletonposted 16 years ago

Get a pregnancy test at the local grocery store. Then you will know. Check out my advice column. You will most likely need that in your future.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Dear-Crystal-I-need-your-advice

ps, AIDS, HIV AND other STDS are much worse than bringing a child into this world. Please be careful.

4. prasadjain profile image62
    prasadjainposted 16 years ago

Sperms cannot survive for more than 24 hours.There are pills which, if taken within 72 hours of intercourse, dissolve the zygote, even if it is formed. They can be consulted at emergency. But unprotected sex is always bad. Avoid it.

5. sunstreeks profile image83
    sunstreeksposted 16 years ago

Sorry Prasadjain I have to correct ya a little.

Actually, sperm can live for 5 to 7 days in the uterus. the "life" of a egg is 24 hours from release from the ovary.

Now, I do not know if the morning after pill actually dissolves the zygote and I'd like to know where you found this info because I could not and would like to see it for a future hub I'd like to do.

What I do know is that the morning after pill, or Plan B pill can prevent the release of the egg, prevent fertilization, and can prevent the fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus. Once the egg is on the uterus wall you got yourself a pregnancy.

Keyword  for the morning after pill is prevent. The pill is effective UP TO 72 hours. Soon as the sperm is released, the clock is ticking. smile I can tell you from experience that even taken excatly as directed in just under 48 hours MAY be much to long.  I have a 3 year old to prove it.

oh ya smile  one more and only because i HAVE to..... unprotected sex is not always bad...
    unprotected sex has a much higher success rate then protected sex for couples TRYING to concieve. wink

6. prasadjain profile image62
    prasadjainposted 16 years ago

Dear sunstreek,
    I have seen about the pill in Indian advertisements.It has a different trade name here. I shall inform the company and brand name when I come across the ad. next time.
       I said unprotected sex is bad, for those who are not willing to conceive and from the health point of view, not for those who want to conceive form their life partners.

1. sunstreeks profile image83
      sunstreeksposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I knew what you meant. Was just giving you a hard time. All in fun. smile

stephanie

1. Mas Teddy profile image60
        Mas Teddyposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I wonder about the purpose of your question, Kenna Jo. What is it that sattisfied by your question? Fear or joy? Guilt or great? Or simply a state of floating off the ground upon conceiving the consequence of your experience? Whether or not you are willing to take responsibility, pregnancy is not as 1+1=2. Maybe 1+1=0 or 1+1=3...so relative. Means it depends on all relevant aspects that you both have (integrated in your being).
        Talking about the sovereignty of the sperm, we often forget about the sovereignty of the egg & womb. The womb have a defense system that's so sensitive to avarice, disgust, resentments, and any fine expression of defense. Unless the cultural process in the growing time of the female has disables it, that nature is a prominent phenomena of the sovereignty of the womb. And then later, suppose that the sperm (only one or few out of billions cells) can reach the egg, there are still certain conditions needed to confirm the continuity of the geststative process.
        Traditionally the Javanese culture acknowledge the sacred power of character & emotional qualities of the ego, and the sentiments (emotional attachements) that infuence the quality of the egg (constructive or destructive) that determine the success of a gestation process. Well. At least my grandmother taught me about this when I was learning about traditional health care in Java.
        So, in seeing pregnancy, I prefer not to ignore the love or sympathy and the continuing life processes that influence the interaction between the sperm and the egg and the womb.
        In order to find peace with yourself in accepting your experience, just remember that how ever that was a choice of meaning you've take to respond to that moment & space of life. It must be the dignifying beauty of love in that space & time that make you resonate to be inspired with that meaning (to have an unprotected sex) amongst abundant inspirations that always flows endlessly. In that case it will be good to acknowledge how your organic being, mental being & will to stay alive was integrated in that experience. Then keep to be aware about this integration in which you are a sovereign being. So that when you decide to go on, you will moved by the joy within.
        Or when you decide the other way, you are NOT moved by disintegration of your persona that will cost you alot.
        What ever you choose, keep integrate yourself. Be blessed. smile

7. acs1122 profile image60
    acs1122posted 14 years ago

Why play roulette with your health, it's just not worth it dear. Take a pregnancy test sooner than later. This is no laughing matter as an innocent child involved, possibly.

8. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

Ms.Kenna Jo should read a news item this week, related to Pakistan's North-western province.  A 17-year old girl was beaten by local authorities for going with a man. Things happen like this also in this same world.
    But I dont find any wrong in the Pakistani-news item.  I should only blame you and the tradition which allows you to leak out such critical things.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying you condone violence against women who are sexually active?

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sexual activity should not be like animals... there should be some difference... that too, asking questions whether she can be pregnant is the best joke of the year!

First of all, I don't know the circumstances of this case, but I don't think "going with" one man is necessarily out of control, animalistic behavior.

In any case, you are of course entitled to your belief, I think it's pretty obnoxious (and dangerous) to take that belief to such an extreme that you think violence should be done on those that do not hold that belief, or do not live according to it.

I will never advocate violence on women.  They are like flowers.............. they should behave like flowers...
            Whether it is woman or man, violence should not be used on anyone. There are other ways.
            There is a law in India forbidding illicit relationships with married women.

2. LondonGirl profile image80
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I sincerely hope you are trying and failing to be funny. Because otherwise, it looks as if you think beating the living daylights out of a woman is OK.

Sadly I think she is serious.

9. sunstreeks profile image83
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

This topic is old, by now she knows if she was pregnant or not.

VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA.. Rarely do I feel the urge to be an out right bitch when I can understand that because of cultural differences, not everyone is going to be as open minded as others. Your opinion however is repulsive and ridiculous. I really think it is in your best interest to not openly speak about your opinion in this matter.

First I thought this was a wrong forum for me. I thought it was very ugly that one had some sex and asks whether it will lead to pregnancy. Then I wrote something that can bring some sense. If you think it repulsive and ridiculous, I really think that it is in your best interest not to openly speak your opinion in this matter.

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL I thought every sane person on those forums long ago stopped talking to this - umm - gentlemen lol

I'm not sure how people find and decide to reply to old threads, but once they do, it's hard to resist replying, especially when someone says something provocative...

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Sorry Misha, I did not notice the date of original post.. I replied to a 5-day old post.  But it is not a sin.

Unlike extra-marital sex, right?

Gah.  Somebody stop me.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that the same as marital sex but with an extra partner?

2. Misha profile image62
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm trying, really hard wink

3. mandybeau profile image58

Yeah If she's early she will have had it .... Stupid question, she hasn't even said pregnant shes prennt, maybe that is something different Oh what the hell we will stone her anyway.

What can I do otherwise?.... except keeping quiet, in my best interest? 
        No one need restrict my opinion.
        There are and were cultural differences between east and west. But the east is always best. We take corrections in the right sense. Arguing that a repulsive thing is ridiculous is the way of the west.
        Pre / extra marital relations may be there everywhere. But no girl will have the guts here to say it publicly and ask whether such thing will result pregnancy.

1. packerpack profile image62
          packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wait man wait. You talk about east and the cultures there. I'll tell you what, my roots goes back to India and we still follow the Indian tradition and cultures. But I don't think speaking about pregnancy makes a girl a bitch. Maybe accordingly to you getting pregnant is a sin that is why one should not speak about it. I have read your reply at a number of places they are all crap.

10. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Guess I did not make myself clear - I did not mean the thread, I meant Mr. VENUGUPAL smile

11. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Well?

Was he/she pregnant or not?

The suspense is killing me............ big_smile

1. Teresa McGurk profile image61
      Teresa McGurkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

looks as if we'll never know. . .

What we do know is that I'm not pregnant...

*crosses fingers*

Just kidding.  About the finger-crossing, not about not being pregnant.  I mean... Nevermind.

12. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Maddie, it's nice to have you back on forums smile

Thank you, sir.  It's good to be back.  (Things in my personal life have kept me mostly MIA from the fun stuff, mostly focused on keeping the site cleaned up and people *relatively* happy... At least the people who matter.)

Who knows, I might even start publishing hubs again...

13. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I'm not pregnant either. Far as I know (-:

14. skydiver profile image60
    skydiverposted 14 years ago

I believe that is how babies are made! What's the outcome?

15. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Misha,

Smart guys like you and me know to stay far away from this conversation.

16. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Bet the boyfriend isn't worried, hmmm unless he was a one night stand. Besides why would someone join Hubpages and post no hubs but look advice on pregnancy, answers on a postcard please.

17. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

If anyone is interested in "who-may-be-pregnant" drama, go to the Pregnancy section on Yahoo Answers; where people can play Magic 8 Ball and guess who's pregnant and who isn't.  (Of course, you have to be a person who is willing to "pay attention to detail" - incredible, boring, bit by bit, amazing, detail.)  smile

18. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Jeeeeez I can't believe how long this topic has gone on. Could I be pregnant?  Did the guy cum in you, well then yes you could be, does one need to be a brain surgeon to work this one out, please !!

1. profile image48
      ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hehe I can't relate cause I'm  still virgin wink*

I will be happy if venus gets married soon and ends her virginity. Goodluck... (but dont ask others whether you are pregnant.)

1. profile image48

haha thanks. But getting pregnant is I think not my destiny lol. Maybe  I wanted to get marry or marry a single dad to have instant child. hehe what do you think?  Well we never know.

2. profile image48
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a cure for that wink* wink*

1. profile image48

Perhaps now we can already put a tag on hubber with their common mannerism me it maybe a wink and you is a cheers lol.smile Now tell me that cure for my funny wink. lols

2. profile image0
          Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHAHA  That response made me laugh out loud. thank you.

19. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Oh heck yes what was the outcome of that maybe or maybe not pregnancy, so I can swallow this drink in my throat.Am too much in wonder here

20. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Am having a giggle at this seemingly old, incredibly dumb post.

Welcome to HubLand, where truth, misinformation and plain old in yer face-ness comes free with the sign-up lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)