jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Who taught you how to drive ?

1. twilanelson profile image59
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

Who taught you how to drive ?

2. Phil Plasma profile image76
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

I took driving lessons from a driving school, at the time I got my license this was required by law.

3. frugalfamily profile image75
    frugalfamilyposted 6 years ago

I "learned" in high school...but I still don't think I can drive:)

4. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

After i had my 1st accident i learned how to be a sensible driver & after that i kept on improving myself.

5. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

My father tried first, and then my mother. They made me too nervous, so I paid for lessons from a retired state policeman. He had me on the highway the first day, and two days later I had my license. smile

6. JT Walters profile image79
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

I am a self taught driver.  It seemed not to need explanation to me.

7. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Practically, nobody. I just observed how others drove their cars / bus / truck at the time I sat by them. At the time I got chance to drive a car, I did not need a long time to train myself to drive.

8. mikaylab93 profile image64
    mikaylab93posted 6 years ago

I learned to drive through a "drivers ed" program, though it was not a good experience. I liked the teacher, but he gave little warning when I needed to turn somewhere, stop soon, etc. I think it would be smart to start everyone off on a closed course... I think they do this for a lot of drivers ed people, but I was out on the road the second day so I was very scared! I am a decent driver now, but as far as teaching goes I think experience has been the best instructor.

9. jkselections profile image58
    jkselectionsposted 6 years ago

My parents did.  My Dad one evening about 7:00 as the sun started to go down decided it was a good time to go for a drive.  I sat in the back seat with my brother, my parents in the front until we got out in the country on a quiet road and all of a sudden he pulled over.  He then said ok it's your turn get up here.  I was scared to death but took the wheel giggling all the way.  I don't think that I will ever forget that moment.  It was a great time.

10. loneparentgiggles profile image60
    loneparentgigglesposted 6 years ago

My mother in law started teaching me how to drive... I must be a sucker for punishment lol!

working