jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What age is appropriate for starting to date?

1. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

What age is appropriate for starting to date?

2. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

You can't just base "dating" on age. Some kids grow up faster then others, BUT at the same time, the average 12 year old thinks they know what love is, and not many kids at that age, can grasp real love between two humans. Heck, I didn't know what real love was until just 2 years ago! I am 23! I've had boyfriends who I "thought" I loved, but it was only wishful thinking or me not wanting to be alone. Looking back now, I never loved any of them "like that". So to me, if I had to put an age on it, not until they are 18 and by law are considered "adults". I don't even think teens should be driving at 16 or smoking at 18.... I grew up a lot faster then most of the people I went to school with, and seeing the kids now, they seem worse then when I went to school... book smart, no common sense, and no common sense makes great, brainless, followers.

Sorry, I rambled! LOL

3. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Age? Good luck on picking an age. Most of the time it depends on the children and how far in brain development they are. I started dating at 13, yet I have known teenagers who had sex at 13. It differs on where they are, who surrounds them, and who they see as a role model. So there are more factors than one would think.

4. HERBERT ubaldo profile image56
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

At least 16 years old, just a friendly date and no more serious happening on both sexes

working