jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How can I take time off and rest when taking care of a toddler?

1. Ruchi Urvashi profile image76
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 6 years ago

How can I take time off and rest when taking care of a toddler?

2. Kimmidao profile image59
    Kimmidaoposted 6 years ago

Wait until your toddler naps. Have him/her on a sleeping schedule so you will know when you have free time or when its baby time.You can even try to invite friends and relatives to visit and babysit for a little while you take some time for yourself:)

3. Johnjfernando profile image60
    Johnjfernandoposted 6 years ago

Its all in your time management. I've been down that road taking care of 2 little kids and tot and it wasn't easy when you juggle work and full-time university. Its also committment and dedication. You'll do well once you start getting use to it. Its how you approach the obstacle. Good Luck!smile

4. prektjr.dc profile image87
    prektjr.dcposted 6 years ago

Best fun EVER....play!  Taking care of a toddler is more work than playing and "being" a toddler!  Instead of working at only caring for the child, be a part of the child's world, eat finger foods, play, nap, giggle and be a toddler for the day!  You will have a great time and will be amazingly refreshed!

5. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Have a standard routine to follow. Make sure that when the toddler is resting, do not attempt to wake him/her up to drink milk. Monitor the daily behaviour and once you have the schedule, you will have time off during the sleeping time. For my children, they usually took up to 6 hours sleep and at night, after 10pm till morning at 9 am.

6. thumbi7 profile image65
    thumbi7posted 6 years ago

If are a stay home mother, it is easy to plan your activities according to the baby's needs. For example you can also take nap in the afternoon when your baby sleeps. Let him be part of your work and you can be part of his play. For example if you want to fold clothes, keep him near you and give him some small clothes. he may try imitating you folding clothes. Most importantly enjoy every moment with your baby and take it as fun.

7. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

Maybe enlist family or friends you trust to give you an evening and night (or whatever time you prefer) a time or two, if nothing more. Offer something to entice them later in the future, a favor for them if need be.

8. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Time off?   From WHAT?   This is not the time for your rest.......

You are the parent of a curious, explortive toddler..............be the parent!

Stand up and accept your duties, your role, your influence..........you are BUILDING the next generation of voters, doctors, scientists, researchers, teachers..................do not tell me, that because you have a tot in tow, that you are now, suddenly  too tired to maintain the choices you made................you are a Parent...........suck it up

This is YOUR child, your family...............take the responsibilty........as the generations before you did.

working