Do you believe the younger generations are getting worse and worse nowadays?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)
  1. samanthamayer profile image66
    samanthamayerposted 12 years ago

Do you believe the younger generations are getting worse and worse nowadays?

Interpret this question as you wish. Generally I am thinking about attitude and behavior. It seems to me that many people DO feel that youth are getting worse in this regard.

2. ronhi profile image66
    ronhiposted 12 years ago

I think that are merely repeating what has been there before. We aren't getting worse. The only difference is that what used to remain hidden in the past generations is no longer hidden thanks to mass media. In the words of scripture, "There is nothing new under the sun"

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

not in the least. if anything, parents are worse then they used to be so their kids come across as being poorly behaved. if a parent can't find time to nuture their kids, the kids will find other ways to live life.

4. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 12 years ago

Every generation has faced this situation. Whoever is old they feel that today's youngsters are not good.

When we were young, we got the stick from our elders. Now when we become old we think the same way as that of our elders. Today's youngsters when they become old will also feel the same way. Its more of a perception than reality.

5. samanthamayer profile image66
    samanthamayerposted 12 years ago

It's quite nice to hear people disagree with the point of view put forth in the question. I feel like I read so many articles that make passing comments about the worsening and expectant attitude of youth, and people just seem to accept it. I wholeheartedly agree that nothing much changes over the younger generations in terms of behavior, but rather that there is a cycle msivakumar described. I also agree with ronhi that social networking and the media have seemingly augmented the flaws in society in people's eyes, so that they assume the youth are getting worse than when they were that age.

6. beautyspot2010 profile image60
    beautyspot2010posted 12 years ago

Yes i do,  Kids these days have less respect then what they did when i was a child

1. profile image49
      DEBBIELeah 48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

l agree with  they think they no everything or they think they are smarter,then we are it just p-ssies lot people off.

7. Lawrence Mckenzie profile image60
    Lawrence Mckenzieposted 12 years ago

KIDS  OF  TODAY   HAVE  NO   SELF LOVE  OR  RESPECT  FOR  THEM  AND  OTHERS,ALSO  THE  BLACK    YOUTH  I  SENSE  AND  OBSERVE  IS  THAT  THEY   WANT  INSTANT  GRATIFICATION. IM  44   YEARS  OLD  AND  WHAT  I  SEE  IN  MY  COMMUNITY  IS  DRUG  SELLING  AND  GUNS  ITS  REAL,AND  THESE KIDS MAJORITY  PICTURE  MAKING  MONEY  QUICK  IS  SELLING  DOPE. YOU  CAN   GO  IN   ANY  NEIGHBORHOOD  WALK  UP  THE  STREET  AND  SEE  LITTLE  CARTELS  IS  WHAT  I    CALL  THEM  SELLING   DOPE, THEY  MISS  THE  REAL  PURPOSE  OF  LIFE.  WHICH   IS  LOVE  THYSELF, SEEK  KNOWLEDGE  AND  GROW   AS  A   HUMAN  BEING. TO  YOUR  QUESTION?  ITS  GETTING  WORSE!  THE  BLACK   YOUTH  NEED SERIOUS  HELP!

8. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 11 years ago

Yep! This society has cultivated a culture of immediacy, mediocrity, doing things that require less work and opting for the easy way out.

We don't challenge our kids enough, we give them all A's even though they don't know diddly squat, we push them through school – despite their not being prepared – so schools can keep their funding and ranking for graduating students in a decent amount of time, and we encourage them to come up with ingenious ways to post a video on YouTube, get a trillion followers and become famous.

And let's not talk about the entertainment industry; this is the only industry where you don't have to have a degree! Very clear why this is the devil's playground.

So with all this ease and mediocrity at everyone's disposal, why work hard? But if we continue at this rate, things are only going to get worse.

9. Jaxxi profile image60
    Jaxxiposted 6 years ago

Not at all! I think if parents weren't so busy all the time and actually spent time with their teen, relating to them and letting them express themselves as they truly are without ridicule and judgement they will realize a lot of it is a phase, you've got a really great kid at the core of the person. Show them you love them no matter what, do something one on one with them that they like. My son and I went and saw Logan Wolverine (my boy is 16) and we had a blast! I let him use his colorful language to express himself as long as he's not disrespectful because I know it will pass and I want to know the real him- not some fake version that he thinks I want him to be. He respects that, and now he comes and shares things with me about his friends, and what they do. I don't always like it, but I like that he knows he can call me anytime if he doesn't like what's going down and I'll be there without an iron fist or a lecture and I never embarrass him around his friends. Parents aren't available enough for their kids like they used to be. Everyone is so busy being important that they are forgetting what is really important. If you're child died tomorrow, would you regret not spending enough time with them? There's your answer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)