jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you encourage your son/daughter to write hubs or to join Hubpages or any othe

1. lorenmurcia profile image87
    lorenmurciaposted 6 years ago

Do you encourage your son/daughter to write hubs or to join Hubpages or any other writing sites?

I do, but he's so busy with his computer games. As much as possible, I want my 15-year-old son to develop early his writing skill but it seems it falls on deaf ears. Sigh! Guess, he's just not into writing.

2. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

I'm 19 and I began writing as early as 11 with poems and when I was 13 wrote half a novel which I'm planning to continue soon. I too used to play a lot until June last year (2011). That's when I joined elance and then HP

3. MartyCT profile image58
    MartyCTposted 6 years ago

Writing isn't for everyone, its not a hobby like computer gaming, for some its a lifestyle.  If he isn't into it don't force him, that's like trying to convince someone to become a goth, its a lifestyle only some fit into, which can't be compared to other hobbies like video games.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Both of my daughters are talented writers, and one has joined.  Fifteen year old children have their own agenda.  He will eventually, with age, come to appreciate writing--especially if it is in the family. :-)

5. NayNay2124 profile image74
    NayNay2124posted 6 years ago

I try to encourage both of my sons to write, but they do not like writing. They like video games and computer technology. I still encourage them to write though.

6. shea duane profile image60
    shea duaneposted 6 years ago

some of the content and images are not appropriate for my 13 year old, so no.

7. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

No sons have been given to me.

I wish each of my 3 daughters to find, and then to shout her voice, in what ever medium best suits her voice.   She is welcomed to be different from me. 

One, of my daughters exhibits a talent for writing......she has found her own outlet, and is making her own living.  She simply has a differnt forum.

She owes me nothing.

It is her difference, to some degree,  that draws me forward, and expands me.

8. calico Stark profile image59
    calico Starkposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6012644_f260.jpg

My daughter who is 11 yrs old sits and writes when I do as I am working on Hubpages.  She says she can't wait until she turns 16 so she can be on Hubpages too!  I am not aware of the age requirements but she is ready to write as soon as they let her and I fully support her.

working