jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is there any reason or reasons acceptible for cheating in marriage?

1. okno profile image70
    oknoposted 6 years ago

Is there any reason or reasons acceptible for cheating in marriage?

2. dipless profile image82
    diplessposted 6 years ago

No absolutely not there is nothing that can happen which makes it acceptable. It is disrespectful to your partner and to your marriage and relationships are built on trust, cheating destroys this and makes it very difficult to trust again.

3. Ealair profile image60
    Ealairposted 6 years ago

Cheating absolutely destroys a marriage.
    That being said however, take a look at separations, is that still considered cheating? Diovorces can be messy and take years. Is it still cheating if both members of the marriage are knowingly (key word here is knowingly) no longer considering their marriage valid?
    When does the legal term stop and the emotional term begin?

4. athena2011 profile image58
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Cheating in marriage or even in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is the ultimate betrayal and, in my opinion, is never acceptable. The relationship can never be the same after one has cheated so I would suggest that a person think twice before doing it.

5. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 6 years ago

Not all all. Without trust, there is no marriage or relationship.

6. MarleneB profile image98
    MarleneBposted 6 years ago

No. I can't think of a single reason to cheat in marriage. I'm not Little Miss Goody Two Shoes, but I can't think of a single reason to cheat on anything-- ever!

7. xethonxq profile image66
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I wish we could have a one word answer and have the length not be questioned....anyway, my answer is NO. If people choose to get married they need to remain monogamous. If they are unable to do that they should not be married.

8. lilianacortez profile image59
    lilianacortezposted 6 years ago

No, and  if you let it pass the first time, the person will think it's ok.

9. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

If you're tempted to cheat, that means 1) you should communicate your issues with your significant other; 2) you should break up.  Period.  There's no excuse for cheating.

10. giopski profile image64
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

No.  For as long as you regard marriage as a sacred institution which essentially consist of unity and indissolubility, I believe neither party cannot in any way cheat and be disloyal with each other.

working