jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in sticking with family, even if they fail you, just because it's

1. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

Do you believe in sticking with family, even if they fail you, just because it's family?

2. weezyschannel profile image86
    weezyschannelposted 6 years ago

Yes, you have to. I just wrote a hub you can read on "what does your family mean to you."  I mention family feuds and turmoil.  You don't have to like them, but you do have to love them.  I think we all have family members we choose not to really be around or avoid like the plague. But I do believe in 2nd chances, 3rd chances, forever and ever.  You must forgive people, no matter what they did, but you dont have to forget.

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger . . . be put away from you, with all malice" (Eph. 4:31)

If interested, you can read the whole page on forgiveness here

http://www.biblical-counsel.org/forg-ang.htm

3. thisiknow profile image59
    thisiknowposted 6 years ago

No. I can forgive and forget a lot, but being blood-related doesn't give people a free pass to intentionally and/or continually 'fail' me. The only family members I would stick by until the bitter end would be my children. That's mostly because I love them more than life itself, ...but also partly because if they are total A-holes then I am responsible for that because I raised them.  smile

4. fosginger profile image60
    fosgingerposted 6 years ago

well problem is that they are family, while they might continue to bring you down you can't just drop family. Sometimes we wish we could, once your family begans to fade you have to stick together.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

not at all. this thing people have for standing by their family no matter what they do is idiotic to say the least.

6. Alastar Packer profile image83
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

In response to your question algarveview, I offer the following quote "Home is where you go and they have to take you in." 'bout says it all for me.

working