jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can you tell if your teen is stoned?

1. kuttingxedge profile image78
    kuttingxedgeposted 6 years ago

How can you tell if your teen is stoned?

What are the signs that teenagers display when under the influence of common drugs like marijuana, methamphetamine, LSD, CCC's, so on. I'd refer to hear personal experiences over medical definitions. We all have WEBMD for those. Anyone who has dealt with this or has first-hand knowledge please.

2. shea duane profile image59
    shea duaneposted 6 years ago

I can tell my students (college freshmen) are stoned when they have bloodshot eyes that are not really open. Most of the time, they stink of marijuana... Stoned kids, I believe, are pretty bad at hiding it.

3. RealHousewife profile image78
    RealHousewifeposted 6 years ago

Marijuana - the kid would have glassy, glazed over eyes, possibly droopy.  General confusion, possible red eyes...they think slower so if I was curious and suspicious of my teen I might give them a one and paper and a math problem to see if they can solve it normally:) lol. Algebra!

Meth - those people twitch, they will lie and steal - the kids I've heard of steal stuff like video games, gaming systems, movies, radios, cell phones, so if you start missing small stuff it could be a clue.  Meth causes crankiness when they are out, and I'm not sure what physical signs they would have.

4. kuttingxedge profile image78
    kuttingxedgeposted 6 years ago

Thanks guys. I appreciate the answers! As far as stoners go, it is my experience that they just stop trying to hide their drug use after a while. They just don't care, or wear it as a part of their identity.

5. powered2020 profile image66
    powered2020posted 6 years ago

I would add that people on meth may often go days without sleeping - seeming to have never ending energy - then when they come down will be exhausted, but cant sleep properly and be very grumpy.