jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What can parents do when their own children bully other kids in school?

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 6 years ago

What can parents do when their own children bully other kids in school?

Can they be relied upon to forge a change of heart in their own children?

2. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I think it depends on the the level of bullying if parents might need support with this. I think also parents should find out firstly, if their kids are bullying in order to prevent being bullied themselves. By this I mean that some kids go along with the group in order to fit in and are frightened of going against the group in case they themselves get picked on.

But if parents feel they are confident enough and know enough about the reasons for bullying and more importantly the consequences, then they should go for it. But some of the cases I've heard about with regards to bullying did not only involve the parents, but the school and on one occasion the police. So it shows how serious bullying can be and it might be too much for parents to handle on their own.

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

I cannot imagine bringing up a child that would be a bully and having brought up two with very good manners, far from being bullies I would question what part I as a parent played in making them this way if indeed either of my children bullied and I would admit to my children I had failed them as parents and ask to work with them to make things right since this is a very unacceptable way to be.

4. nextyear profile image59
    nextyearposted 5 years ago

Here are the things that I can do

- Find the facts
    - Ask what's going on
    - Ask about what his/her friends thinks about the situation?
    - Give her/him suggestion on how to handle/solve the situation/problem she/he might have

What do you think?