jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever had to stand your ground with a parent-in-law?

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Have you ever had to stand your ground with a parent-in-law?

2. fitmom profile image82
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, and unfortunately it didn't go too well in the most recent situation. It amazes me that people can be so disrespectful.

3. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Remembered the day that my in-law does not approved of me marrying her daughter but we went ahead to be married.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Over the years there have been several incidents.  But because the person is my husband's mother, I let him handle it.  I don't want to get into petty "Jerry Springer" type drama so I don't.

A huge final incident happened about  7 years ago and we no longer see her.  She is very verbally abusive to all family members and we refuse to participate in it or be victims of it.  My husband told her that we would resume a relationship if and when she gets some kind of counseling.  But she has refused.

5. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

yes, and it amazies me that people feel comfortable just saying things without thinking first. It doesn't matter how old you are, they still think that it's okay to treat you like a child and it really does infuriate me. Mind you, it ended well because I didn't lose my temper, but I let her know how I felt and she apologized.

6. goodsuccess profile image58
    goodsuccessposted 5 years ago

Yes,  an in-law made infuriating and inciting comments once that could trigger problem and misunderstanding between me and my spouse, but both of us knew she was sent from Hell that day to cause trouble between  us, we deliberately refused to fall victim of her trap and i also told her if you can not mind the kind of things you say before couples, you had better stop visiting our house.Because my relationship with my spouse is worth the world to me and i can stand any devil from any Hell coming in-between us.