jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have difficulty establishing boundaries and maintaining them with your ch

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Do you have difficulty establishing boundaries and maintaining them with your children?

Reminding my children of boundaries (whether personal space, conversation etiquette, or other) is a daily task. Do you experience this challenge? Which areas are the hardest?

2. profile image56
    Ms Mooseposted 5 years ago

Children in my care had trouble keeping bounderies until I explained to them how they do not like when others, like friends and playmates, touch or play with their things, 'without asking'.
    I go on to explain and remind the kids how upset they become when their rooms get messy because others have 'not put stuff back'.
    Another problem is when toys are broken when 'someone' was touching or playing with them, without permission.
    So now the kids understand why they need to be careful and respectful with other people's property.
    I hope this is useful to you, and saves time and energy with your current situation!

3. Sue St. Clair profile image72
    Sue St. Clairposted 5 years ago

Instructions in how to overcome some of the major obstacles in setting boundaries with your children. It includes the common problems and areas needing boundaries. read more

4. mommahottness profile image54
    mommahottnessposted 5 years ago

I have a hard time saying NO to my children. I get to the point where I feel walked on then I blow up. Like "Katie Kaboom".
    My older boys refuse to clean up their own messes. I am getting to the point where I feel like throwing all of their belongings in the dumpster.
    Honestly If someone says that life is just peachy and that their kids obey them and listen all the time then I have a strong feeling they are about to Grow a LOOOOOOOOOOONG point nose

working