jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Why are you against adoption?

1. Asalexander profile image60
    Asalexanderposted 5 years ago

2. strkngfang profile image78
    strkngfangposted 5 years ago

I don't know why anyone would be?  I was adopted after being lovingly given up by a young college student, who could have easily aborted me and saved herself a lot of trouble, but thankfully didn't.  My last 48 yrs would never have existed otherwise.

Asalexanderposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I'm pro-adoption.  We have a beautiful daughter from Russia who we love more than life itself.   There are two "Hubbars" who leave some ugly comments for us, though.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I am also adopted from a time when all adoptions were closed and private, and consider it such a blessing. I think that those against adoption speak from fear. They are afraid that a baby will have psychological problems, health defects, or behavioral issues. Others may be afraid that a birth parent will renege on the agreement and want the baby back after bonding has taken place.

Asalexanderposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think all children deserve loving homes.  If birth parents can give them that-- then great.  If not, adoption is another miracle through which they can find a loving home.

2. cat on a soapbox profile image98
      cat on a soapboxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree smile

4. JamesGrantSmith profile image59
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

I am not against adoption, I think that all kids deserve to have loving parents, and if the child becomes an orphan they deserve a second chance to have loving parents.

The real question however is why are you against adoption?

Asalexanderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm not.  We have a daughter adopted from Russia (with us over 5 years now) but I get all kinds of hate mail (which I why I posed the question.

2. cat on a soapbox profile image98
      cat on a soapboxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What kind of person would send hate mail and why should your decision be a concern to anyone but your own family? I am sorry that anyone would do that!

3. JamesGrantSmith profile image59
      JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Agreed it is pretty disgracefulness that someone would send hate mail, when all you have done is give a child a loving home. Keep your chin up chick.

working