jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to deal with a teething toddler?

1. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to deal with a teething toddler?

2. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

Teething rings that can be chilled.
    Cold fruit to chew on (big chunks so they wont choke).
    Cloth with cold water on it to chew on.

3. lupine profile image72
    lupineposted 5 years ago

Have the toddler bite on something cold. Teething ring can be put in the freezer, there are feeding rings that snap open/closed with a netting holder where you can put things like an ice cube, make your own ice cubes with juice or smoothie, use frozen strawberry, frozen piece of melon, etc. They are made so the toddler can't open it, won't choke on pieces of food/fruit. This will help by relieving the pain, and your toddler can stop crying and sleep. You can rub "Orajel" on the gums, but toddlers don't like it, it gets on other parts of the mouth where not needed and makes them not feel good/cry.

4. Lisa Wilton profile image82
    Lisa Wiltonposted 5 years ago

I would say it depends on how much pain they are in. Are they crying a lot or are they just chewing their fist and drooling loads?

I found a website that sold amber bracelets for toddlers and babies that are supposed to help with teething but I don't know how well that works.

I would give them something cold to chew and if they are in lots of pain I would give them some Calpol to relieve the agony. I'm not sure how frowned upon giving Calpol may be but my little one was very grateful of it when he had a particular amount of pain.

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

i gave my son a star fruit and carrot to chew. He had a good time gnawing.