jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Are mothers- in- law really all that bad?

1. IDONO profile image83
    IDONOposted 4 years ago

Are mothers- in- law really all that bad?

I don't have one, so I can't answer this one. But if you have one, you can. But, be careful. Someone may be looking over your shoulder.

2. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Of course not. It's just a stereotype. I'm sure there are SOME mothers-in-law that are annoying and/or bad, but it has nothing to do with them being in-laws.

As for me, I really have absolutely nothing bad to say about my mother-in-law. If anything, she's too good. She is one of the kindest persons I've met. She'll probably throw her daughter under the bus for me, hehehe.

1. Ericdierker profile image54
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We need the stereotype for safety. It is prophylactic. It is not the mother-in-laws are bad. But they can be.

3. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

mother in laws are just people, there are good and bad to everyone. my mother in law was a terror, because she didn't want her son to ever marry she made our lives miserable. on the other hand my son in law loves me and i consider him an asset to the family.

4. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I love my current mother-in-law to death, she's a great lady.  My former mother-in-law however is who that stereotype was written about lol.  I don't miss her at all!

5. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 4 years ago

My mother-in-law is amazing. She's sweet, kind and loving and I adore her! I also believe, like thief12, that it's just a stereotype.....

6. Hui (蕙) profile image80
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

I don't have one either, but I guess it's totally not. People are different, ans so should be mothers-in-law. Take an example. My mum always has problem with my sister-in-law, but she is generally nice to my brother-in-law. She is mother-in-law for those both, right? big_smile

7. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

my mother in law stayed with us for 20 years. She is the type who listens to her daughters and judge us by their comments. So, whenever her daughters bad mouth about us ( her own son and me daughter in law ), my mom in law treated us like her enemies. She constantly complain about how i wash our clothes, how i cook, how we educate our children, etc... all baised on her daughters instructions and info. Now, what do you  THINK about it?

working