To all fathers out there, would YOU continue to be involved with, marry, and/or

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

To all fathers out there, would YOU continue to be involved with, marry, and/or stay with a woman

who readily admits that she HATES your children?
    I was watching an old Oprah Winfrey show on family relationships in which one woman admitted to openly hating her stepdaughter.This woman indicated that she couldn't stand the sight of her stepdaugher who is only seven.Dr. Phil was the guest advisor on the show at the time and he severely took the woman to task.Oftentimes women view children who aren't their own as interlopers in the relationship.They also feel threatened by such children. It's no mistake that there is a likelihood that stepchildren will be abused by their stepmother.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8975284_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Although I'm not a father I would not make it a requirement that my wife love my children. The only requirement would be to accept them and be civil around them.
    Most men don't marry a woman to have a family. They marry them because they love them. They accept what comes with the woman. Some men will abandon their own children if they hate their ex-wife.
    If these men are happy and in love with the woman they'll be good to their children. It's not fair but it's very common.
    In the eyes of most men their wife and their marriage are ranked ahead of the (children or by product) of their union. Women on the other hand make the children the center of their universe!
    The husband is automatically demoted once a child is born. :-)

3. profile image60
    retief2000posted 3 years ago

As much as I adore my children, it is unlikely that she would have lasted past the first honest statement about her negative feelings.  They are my treasures, though all grown and moved away.

working