jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Do you agree or disagree that all children should learn to play music. Why or wh

1. askformore lm profile image71
    askformore lmposted 3 years ago

Do you agree or disagree that all children should learn to play music. Why or why not?

I personally believe that playing music in itself is fun. But I also believe that music can be the key to many other areas of knowledge, such as language learning, and ...?   What is your opinion? Tell us about your experience.

2. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 3 years ago

All children should be given the opportunity to have basic music instruction.  It may not be the key to other areas of knowledge, but it is certainly a benefit, and without exposure to the basics at an early age the opportunity to go forward with a particular instrument, voice, or writing with real success is generally lost.

1. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely!

3. clivewilliams profile image84
    clivewilliamsposted 3 years ago

Music is great, children should be given the opportunity to learn and appreciate music at an early age. Their progress should be watched and see who has a talent for musical activities and who prefer to become a professional chemist!! Music can be fun once it is taught the right way by the right person, but not every child will develop a liking for this and may perform poorly, that's just because their talent and interest lies elsewhere.

4. Seafarer Mama profile image88
    Seafarer Mamaposted 3 years ago

I do believe that all children should learn to  play music. Their brains develop more neural pathways, it engenders appreciation for the value of consistent practice/work, and it rewards them with the gratification of accomplishment. This raises a child's self-confidence.

I wonder if there might be less bullies in the world if all children were required to learn to play an instrument.

1. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image76
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Your comments regarding the question of "Should Children Learn to Play Music" illustrates in more detail of the importance of learning music to the young and developing mind. Thank you for sharing your commentary.

5. Thish profile image83
    Thishposted 3 years ago

Music is great.. something one should enjoy no matter what the age is. it gives stress free sensual comfort feeling and good for mental well being and brain development. And scisntists say that kids who learn music can do their maths very well. My kid is a music lover and she is great in maths too.smile

6. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image76
    J - R - Fr13m9nposted 3 years ago

I AM A LOVER OF MUSIC and I believe exposure to playing music is a positive move. Even if the child discontinues learning to play a musical instrument, life without music seems barren.

7. rahmat54146 profile image43
    rahmat54146posted 3 years ago

agree,because music can make happy...not adult needed music but children too

working