jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What questions do you wish you'd asked before you got married?

1. Jojo Yousef profile image71
    Jojo Yousefposted 2 years ago

What questions do you wish you'd asked before you got married?

2. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12568622_f260.jpg

Do you enjoy watching ice hockey and living with someone who will probably play it until he has fallen and can't get up hopefully at age 100. Keep in mind, my Better Half tolerates my habit so far at my age of 11 for the 5th time...

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Are we staying on our own or with your parents? I don't care what type of house we stay but this is important

4. zaynali profile image60
    zaynaliposted 2 years ago

I would love to ask about if she can be my hose and business wife, and if she can then how will we manage our personal and professional lives? Would you like to begin work early? Or will we choose to work into the evening?

5. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

What do you need in order to feel loved and appreciated?
    How important is long-term romance, passion, & sexual intimacy?
    How do you envision dividing household chores?
    Joint banking accounts or separate? Who pays for what?
    What is your target financial "nest egg" goal for retirement?
    Where do you see yourself retiring?
    All of the above are questions worth asking prior to marriage. However in any long-term relationship one is bound to discover these answers along the way.
    Unfortunately there's a big difference between the hypothetical & life.
    People evolve on their positions or sometimes change their minds!
    Someone who said they wanted to have children early on may decide they don't want them or vice versa. You may have planned to settle in one state and then one of you gets an outstanding job offer to relocate or has a demanding career meaning less time together.
    A child may be born with birth defects, one of you is forced to change careers, someone's parents become extremely ill, one of you looses interest in sex and so on....etc
    You can do all the Q&A you want prior to marriage but still have no idea of how things will play out once you're hit with the inevitable challenges of life!
    Very few married couples can say their marriage is exactly the  way they (imagined or planned) for it to be. There is a 50% divorce rate.
    No one on their wedding day plans to get divorced!

1. Austinstar profile image86
      Austinstarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow! All of the above. You don't even know if you will die tomorrow. How is the spouse going to deal with tragedy and hard times? Good answer, dashing.

working