jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

To all parents out there, what are the instances that you would apply tough love

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

To all parents out there, what are the instances that you would apply tough love to an older

teenage (18-19 years old) or young adult(20-25 years old) child?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8508974_f260.jpg

2. Dale Mazurek profile image70
    Dale Mazurekposted 2 years ago

Its not easy applying tough love to one of your children.  However at times it is the last straw.  Without getting into details drug dependancy is a big reason why many parents have to use tough love after all other avenues have been exhausted

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

I do not know about tough Love, but yes, God uses both Justice and Compassion. In fact this whole Scheme is a Process of Creation, Preservation and Transformation. Still, let us see it this way: if the child strives to touch the hot coal, and you prevent him by slapping, it is still Love and not 'tough' Love.

The ages you mention are too old. It will mean that you have probably failed if you need to discipline an 18 or 25 year old. Start from birth, as by seven or eight, it will be difficult, and 10 or 11 almost impossible, let alone 18. Much Love.

4. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Being a mom of 10 yrs and younger I havent had any reason BUT if they grow up enough to be away from me on their own with friend.If they Drink and Drive Even Once they are losing their car it will be sold and they will not drive for 1 year they will be warned ahead of time.
    If they do drugs. They will get tested at home and watched out for when they get out of being grounded for a very long time!
    If they break curfew coming home it will be shortened by an hour earlier Each time.
    This might seem tough but I want to keep them safe and sound.They will have phones and will check in and let me know they are safe.

working