For those who were overprotective parents, what caused you to be overprotective

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

For those who were overprotective parents, what caused you to be overprotective towards your

children, how did your children respond to your overprotectiveness, & how did your overprotectiveness effect your children developmentally, emotionally, & socially? As your children became teenagers & adults, were they stymied because of your overprotectiveness?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12485310_f260.jpg

2. ElvisaM profile image79
    ElvisaMposted 23 months ago

Society. The media and the way they portray mostly the bad. I have issues trusting others. I ended my nursing career because I couldn't stand the thought of having someone else watch my kids. I know I said that I have changed a lot but I still have a long way to go. I am terrified to let my kids play outside alone. I am here with them all the time. When we walk out in the parking lot, they are literally glued to me and I know that this is a horrible trait to teach my children but in the back of my mind, their safety is more important than them feeling independant. Now I have come a long way from what I used to be. I am paying for it dearly, well my son is. He gets sick more than any other kid I know and I am sure that me not allowing him to go out in the cold or go out to a public playground when he was little, to get the germs, to get a boost in the immune system, for his body to get accustomed to other factors other than hand sanitizer and indoor games. I know, I know... I'm working on it. And maybe this all factors into the fact that I am naturally an anxious person

working